Even in this age of pop culture overkill, some people are completely oblivious! Case in point: A woman in Nebraska thinks a statue of Spiderman’s hands, is in reality, a statue of the hands of Mephistopheles. (aka Beelzebub, Lucifer Morningstar, Satan, Ol’ Scratch, Trump’s roll model, etc.)According to the woman, it’s perverse and a “hate crime against the church.” She claimed that it is anti-Christian, demonic, and completely inappropriate! And she thinks it’s ugly
In fairness to the woman, the hands are red, and everybody knows the big bad boy is red-handed. (At least since the 6th Century. Before that, Beelzebub was blue!)
Serving Hands Lincoln Executive Director, Matt Schulte, stated,
The sculpture is most definitely not a devil-related sculpture. It clearly has a very playful child-like intent!
Lin Quenzer, the Lincoln’s city ombudsman, explained what was really going on to the woman, and that the city would not be removing remove the statue.
The sculpture, along with the others in the project, are to be auctioned off on Oct. 25th as a fund-raiser for Campus Life. Which, btw, is a Christian college organization! (Can you say “i·ro·ny?”)
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019