Even in this age of pop culture overkill, some people are completely oblivious! Case in point: A woman in Nebraska thinks a statue of Spiderman’s hands, is in reality, a statue of the hands of Mephistopheles. (aka Beelzebub, Lucifer Morningstar, Satan, Ol’ Scratch, Trump’s roll model, etc.)According to the woman, it’s perverse and a “hate crime against the church.” She claimed that it is anti-Christian, demonic, and completely inappropriate! And she thinks it’s ugly
In fairness to the woman, the hands are red, and everybody knows the big bad boy is red-handed. (At least since the 6th Century. Before that, Beelzebub was blue!)
Serving Hands Lincoln Executive Director, Matt Schulte, stated,
The sculpture is most definitely not a devil-related sculpture. It clearly has a very playful child-like intent!
Lin Quenzer, the Lincoln’s city ombudsman, explained what was really going on to the woman, and that the city would not be removing remove the statue.
The sculpture, along with the others in the project, are to be auctioned off on Oct. 25th as a fund-raiser for Campus Life. Which, btw, is a Christian college organization! (Can you say “i·ro·ny?”)
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019
- ‘Flat Earth’ Rocket Launch Aborted Due to Bad Used Water Heater - August 15, 2019
- Louie Gohmert: Charging Terrorist With Hate Crime Will Lead To Sending Preachers To Prison - August 7, 2019
- Knuckle Dragger: Country Songs Contain Evil Magic Spells - August 4, 2019
- Bishop Claims Homosexuality Is The Product Of Women Enjoying Anal Sex - July 28, 2019
- Woman Thinks Spiderman’s Hands Belong To Satan! - July 18, 2019
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019