Even in this age of pop culture overkill, some people are completely oblivious! Case in point: A woman in Nebraska thinks a statue of Spiderman’s hands, is in reality, a statue of the hands of Mephistopheles. (aka Beelzebub, Lucifer Morningstar, Satan, Ol’ Scratch, Trump’s roll model, etc.)According to the woman, it’s perverse and a “hate crime against the church.” She claimed that it is anti-Christian, demonic, and completely inappropriate! And she thinks it’s ugly
In fairness to the woman, the hands are red, and everybody knows the big bad boy is red-handed. (At least since the 6th Century. Before that, Beelzebub was blue!)
Serving Hands Lincoln Executive Director, Matt Schulte, stated,
The sculpture is most definitely not a devil-related sculpture. It clearly has a very playful child-like intent!
Lin Quenzer, the Lincoln’s city ombudsman, explained what was really going on to the woman, and that the city would not be removing remove the statue.
The sculpture, along with the others in the project, are to be auctioned off on Oct. 25th as a fund-raiser for Campus Life. Which, btw, is a Christian college organization! (Can you say “i·ro·ny?”)
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020