It’s incomprehensible how a single working class person could ever support such an unabashed nest of greed-centered sociopaths as Republicans, who once again blocked passage of the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010 that would provide free health care to those first responders and survivors sick from the toxic ash Republicans assured them was safe to breathe after the Twin Towers fell.
Their reason for blocking the bill? Republicans claim the $7.4 billion price tag is too high despite the fact that it is a mere fraction of of the cost of the Iraq War Republicans incited on the basis of 9/11 for their own political gain and the fortune of their wealthy military industrial complex and oil benefactors.
The greed-centered, unconscionable Repugs are also using the blockage of this bill as more leverage to get their deficit-ballooning, non-job creating, tax-giveaways to the richest Americans.
“The $7.4 billion bill would provide 10 years of medical monitoring and treatment to emergency responders and cleanup workers sickened at Ground Zero following the 9/11 attacks. It would also re-open a compensation fund for 9/11 victims.
Battles over how to pay for the program have long delayed it, but now it faces yet another hurdle as the Senate wrestles with a different issue — President Barack Obama’s controversial Bush era tax cuts.
All 42 Republicans in the Senate signed a letter saying they wouldn’t support any other legislation until the tax issue was resolved.”
Matt Kane of the Blog “The Second Age” wrote, “Despite all of the rhetoric, all of the video tributes, and the supposed patriotism of the Republican Party in this country, their true colors have certainly shown today. Only one word can sum up what the Senate Republicans did today: shameful.” Read more of his article here.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018