Back in the Dark ages and before, so-called “religious” leaders claimed that if you got sick, it meant that the god or gods (depending on your taste in mythologies) was pissed at you for one reason or another.
And, if you were Christian, the grim reaper was the direct result of Adam and Eve screwing up by eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
(I find it interesting that Yhwh didn’t want Adam and Eve to know the difference between good and evil. Or maybe he didn’t want them to know any version but his. Religions are like that. A lot! Then again, maybe it was just plain knowledge he was begrudging them. Religions do that a lot too.)
Fortunately, over the last few centuries, we’ve discovered that those claims are “Grade A” bull droppings! There are a vast number of causes for death and disease, but none of them have a thing to do with some invisible magic man, living among the clouds.
Let me re-phrase that. MOST of us have discovered that those claims are “Grade A” bull droppings! There are always some troglodytes who never seem to get the memos. Case in point: Andrew Wommack.
Bear in mind that Andy is the person that claimed that cancer “is no big deal“ because Big Daddy is going to cure you after you die.
Then, last Wednesday [8/15/18] he came up with this hot steaming pile of bovine bowel movement:
God is not the one who’s failing to heal any single person. God has provided healing. He has generated the power, the power source is on the inside of you, and if you aren’t seeing healing, it’s because you aren’t connecting these wires.
God doesn’t just heal one person and not heal another person. He has provided healing for every person, but you’ve got to learn those laws and cooperate with them. And if you aren’t cooperating — for instance, this law about what you say. If you’re speaking death and telling everybody, ‘Man, I think I’m gonna die. I’ve only got a month to live!’ You are hung by your tongue! You are killing yourself.It’s like picking up a wire and then, when you die, people will say, ‘Why didn’t God heal this person?’ God did heal that person! They killed themself by not operating in the laws of God.
By Wommack’s reasoning, if your baby were to die, it wouldn’t be because of low birth weight, sudden infant death syndrome, malnutrition, congenial malformations, or an infectious disease. It would die, because it sinned in the bassinet or maybe even in the birth canal.
Stay tuned! More insanity is sure to follow!
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019
- Troglodyte: Use the Military to Arrest the Heads of Google, Facebook and Twitter - August 28, 2019
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019