What do you think possible Republican Presidential candidates, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Scott Walker discussed when they presented themselves to their Sovereign Lord casino billionaire Sheldon Adelson?
What they did was try to convince a New Gilded Age Robber Baron that THEY’RE the best puppet he could pick to ensure government policy enables his rapacious addiction to wealth and power.
You see, while millions of Average Americans choose whether to pay rent or buy food … The bloated banquets of Adelson, the Koch Brother’s, Pete Peterson and the like, just don’t ever seem to fill them up – they also want the crumbs. They’re sick.
Yes, sick. You see, while there is nothing inherently wrong with being rich – there is something VERY wrong with a person hoarding wealth to the point that it could never be spent in 1000s lifetimes but they STILL grasp for more as their nation crumbles and their fellow citizens suffer around them.
Look at it this way, if a person hoards newspapers, or animals… everyone agrees that person is sick and needs help. But if a person hoards money, conservative politicians line up to kiss his ring. That’s not democracy. That’s oligarchy.
Thomas Jefferson warned us of the dangers of entrenched aristocracy, “Those seeking profits, were they given total freedom, would not be the ones to trust to keep government pure and our rights secure. Indeed, it has always been those seeking wealth who were the source of corruption in government. No other depositories of power have ever yet been found, which did not end in converting to their own profit the earnings of those committed to their charge.”
Watch Thom Hartmann explain that the founding fathers were not the 1%:
Teddy Roosevelt warned of “economically powerful men, whose chief object is to hold and increase their power” and FDR warned us of “privileged princes of “new economic dynasties, thirsting for power,” who “reached out for control over government itself.”
Throughout our history we’ve been warned that intergenerational aristocracy is the virus that kills democracy. The fact that the U.S. is now has the worst upward mobility in the developed world is a symptom of the sickness.
So, no… Republicans… estate taxes…. a living minimum wage… returning us to a top marginal tax rate of 90% aren’t about “punishing success,” – they’re about patriotism – just like preventing America from being ruled by sick, greed-centered hoarders isn’t about “envy,” it’s a freaking intervention.
Listen to the best in on-Demand Liberal Talk and hear more Two-Minute Tirades on the Progressive Voices Channel on TuneIn.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018