What used to be considered crackpot conspiracy theories, fit only for the trash heap, are now mainstreamed by ratings (i.e. “money”)-hungry media. And, in the competition for airtime, digital coverage and the resulting inflow of Benjamins, the screwy scenarios keep getting screwier!
In recognition of this, RDTdaily has decided that ingenuity (or is that ingenscrewity?) should be rewarded. Commencing tomorrow, November 5th, we will be awarding the not-so-coveted Ignominy* Award (“Iggy.”) for the most outlandish filbert fantasy of the week. (*For any teabagger types that stumbled on this, an ignominy is “a public shame or disgrace.”)
Every week, we’ll be on the lookout for those utterances from the tinfoil toupee troupe that break the barriers of insanity. Then on Sunday, we’ll announce the winner(?).
This week’s nominees are:
- Phil Robertson for suggesting that listening to Beyonce will give you a sexually transmitted disease;
- Zach Drew for saying that a gay Disney character means we’re “goin’ ta Hell”;
- Rick Perry for claiming that fossil fuels help prevent sexual assaults
- Rodney Howard Brown for his accusation that the CIA controls ISIS and vaccines are population control.
Who will win? Find out tomorrow as we unveil the inaugural Iggy!
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020