What used to be considered crackpot conspiracy theories, fit only for the trash heap, are now mainstreamed by ratings (i.e. “money”)-hungry media. And, in the competition for airtime, digital coverage and the resulting inflow of Benjamins, the screwy scenarios keep getting screwier!
In recognition of this, RDTdaily has decided that ingenuity (or is that ingenscrewity?) should be rewarded. Commencing tomorrow, November 5th, we will be awarding the not-so-coveted Ignominy* Award (“Iggy.”) for the most outlandish filbert fantasy of the week. (*For any teabagger types that stumbled on this, an ignominy is “a public shame or disgrace.”)
Every week, we’ll be on the lookout for those utterances from the tinfoil toupee troupe that break the barriers of insanity. Then on Sunday, we’ll announce the winner(?).
This week’s nominees are:
- Phil Robertson for suggesting that listening to Beyonce will give you a sexually transmitted disease;
- Zach Drew for saying that a gay Disney character means we’re “goin’ ta Hell”;
- Rick Perry for claiming that fossil fuels help prevent sexual assaults
- Rodney Howard Brown for his accusation that the CIA controls ISIS and vaccines are population control.
Who will win? Find out tomorrow as we unveil the inaugural Iggy!
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019
- ‘Flat Earth’ Rocket Launch Aborted Due to Bad Used Water Heater - August 15, 2019
- Louie Gohmert: Charging Terrorist With Hate Crime Will Lead To Sending Preachers To Prison - August 7, 2019
- Knuckle Dragger: Country Songs Contain Evil Magic Spells - August 4, 2019
- Bishop Claims Homosexuality Is The Product Of Women Enjoying Anal Sex - July 28, 2019
- Woman Thinks Spiderman’s Hands Belong To Satan! - July 18, 2019
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019