What used to be considered crackpot conspiracy theories, fit only for the trash heap, are now mainstreamed by ratings (i.e. “money”)-hungry media. And, in the competition for airtime, digital coverage and the resulting inflow of Benjamins, the screwy scenarios keep getting screwier!
In recognition of this, RDTdaily has decided that ingenuity (or is that ingenscrewity?) should be rewarded. Commencing tomorrow, November 5th, we will be awarding the not-so-coveted Ignominy* Award (“Iggy.”) for the most outlandish filbert fantasy of the week. (*For any teabagger types that stumbled on this, an ignominy is “a public shame or disgrace.”)
Every week, we’ll be on the lookout for those utterances from the tinfoil toupee troupe that break the barriers of insanity. Then on Sunday, we’ll announce the winner(?).
This week’s nominees are:
- Phil Robertson for suggesting that listening to Beyonce will give you a sexually transmitted disease;
- Zach Drew for saying that a gay Disney character means we’re “goin’ ta Hell”;
- Rick Perry for claiming that fossil fuels help prevent sexual assaults
- Rodney Howard Brown for his accusation that the CIA controls ISIS and vaccines are population control.
Who will win? Find out tomorrow as we unveil the inaugural Iggy!
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019