Republicans are useless under any weather condition – a fact that is even more evident in a crisis.
For example, while Hurricane Irma began pummelling Florida – a state whose Republican Governor ordered DEP employees, contractors, and even volunteers not to use the terms “climate change” and “global warming” in official communications – Trump’s Social Media Director, Dan Scavino, Jr., tweeted a video of what he said was Hurricane Irma-caused flooding at Miami International Airport.
Scavino’s tweet was problematic, to say the least, not just because it wasn’t actually a video of Miami International Airport, but because he assured the American public he was sharing these false images with so-called President Trump and so-called Vice President Pence.
As CNN, the network Republican fascists like to disparage as “fake news,” reported, “Scavino then deleted the erroneous post, one of many ostensible Hurricane Irma tweets that he said he was sharing with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.
“Sharing #HurricaneIrma on social media with President @realDonaldTrump & @VP Pence hourly. Here is Miami International Airport. STAY SAFE!!” Scavino wrote, adding a video of an airport covered in water.”
The Miami International Airport social media account corrected Scavino.
Scavino deleted the tweet about 30 minutes after he posted it, without acknowledging the fact that he spread fake news. Scavino did tell everyone to “stay safe.” (See! Republicans care!)
Of course, I reminded him that America will only be “safe” when Twitler and his entire administration of climate change-denying incompetents are in history’s trash heap.
Others kept it “real” with an “image” from the storm.
The video Scavino shared depicted flooding in Mexico City’s airport, about two weeks ago. One might hope White House officials would, at least, do a quick Google search before spreading misinformation in a crisis… but, oh well. That’s just too much much to expect from those who are supposedly “making America great.”
Trump is notorious for being easily swayed by conspiracy theories and lies, so this latest example of Republican incompetence would merely be comical if not for the fact that lives literally hang in the balance.
For people who supposedly abhor “fake news,” so-called President Trump and his administration of incompetent goons certainly generate a whole lot of it.
Like I said,
- Texas Deputy Arrested for Raping a 4-Year Old Threatened to Deport Undocumented Mom if Reported - June 18, 2018
- North Korea State TV Airs Footage of Trump Saluting a North Korean General (VIDEO) - June 14, 2018
- Historian Jon Meacham Calls for Healthy Skepticism on Trump’s Meeting with Kim Jong Un - June 12, 2018
- Steve Schmidt Lambasts GOP Leaders for their Silence While Trump Destroys Democratic Alliances - June 11, 2018
- Hannity Advises Witnesses in Mueller Probe to Obstruct Justice and Destroy Evidence (VIDEO) - June 7, 2018
- Trump is Still Whining That ABC Didn’t Apologize to Him for Unnamed “Horrible” Slight - May 31, 2018
- GOP strategist Steve Schmidt: Call it what it is – Trump and Roseanne are “Stone Cold Racist” - May 30, 2018
- Welcome to Trump’s America! Two idiots Kidnap a Chinese Student and Try to Deport Him (VIDEO) - May 29, 2018
- GOP Rep. Dana Rohrabacher Says it’s OK Not to Sell Homes to LGBT Humans, As God Intended - May 25, 2018
- Sean Hannity Helps Lil’ Blonde Fascist Tomi Lahren Turn Water Incident into Whining (Video) - May 24, 2018