Trumpers Forever now face a choice – escape the mangled wreckage now or perish inside it.
Selling fantasy as reality.
One of the biggest mysteries of the current White House administration these days is how anyone with a working brain still grabs the pompoms and cheers for Trump publicly. As the free world gags on a fresh batch of scandal cookies baked daily inside the White House, and words such as “obstruction of justice” and “impeachment” swirl in the Washington air like Chinese firecrackers, Jeffrey Lord continued in his role as Trump’s chief toady on CNN by informing viewers – “We are once again in high-tech lynching mode.” Currently Trump’s band of surrogates, liars, bootlickers, enablers, brown-noses and excuse makers are in a similar bind. They can all now cling to fantasy – Trump is a victim of anything other than gross incompetence, or reality – Trump is on the verge of an epic implosion and they are all destined to become collateral damage.
Time for the Talking Elmo atop the Boomba.
Instead of trying to defend the indefensible, Lord might want to give some thought about how to escape the Trump wreckage. What Lord can’t do is expect things to get better. Trump has handled highly sensitive classified information the way a grade school student treats a cooties secret. Trump asked the FBI to stop investigating his inner circle as if the FBI were a drywall contractor gouging the Trump Corporation in Manila. Americans have brutally learned that Trump is so unfit for public office, so incapable of not shooting himself in the foot while wearing his socks on his ears; America would be better off if the White House were occupied by a Talking Elmo glued atop a Boomba. The country would be in much less danger and the floors of the Oval Offices would be clean.
The axis of doofdom and the ventriloquist dummy.
Americans have learned that Fox News, the longtime outpost for Republican lies and deceit will ignore, deflect or downplay the latest Trump bombshells. Fox is the equivalent of North Korean state media. Any serious network that gives voice to Lou Dobbs, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity – the axis of doofdom – is not a network that is serious about reality. Americans are also being told by the cherry picking anti-liberal rabble rousers over at Breitbart that the problem does not lay with Trump but with a “deep state” revenge plot against him. Breitbart is, of course, Steve Bannon’s ventriloquist dummy, mouthing his fever dreams and riling up commenters who inhabit a parallel world in which all life is sustained by paranoid rage. Yet there are still a startling number of somewhat decent people like Lord who have nothing to gain and everything to lose by continuing to cover for Trump during a crap storm of his own making.
Escape now or perish forever.
Building a wall along the country’s southern border? Trump doesn’t have enough support to build a deck on the South Lawn. Tax Reform? In his dreams. Create millions of jobs! Not likely when his own job is at risk after just four months. So what will become of Team Trump? I doubt Kellyanne Conway could get polling work with KFC. While Spicer‘s best prospects may be at Walmart as a greeter. So far Trump has proven to Americans that the “Never Trumpers” were always right about him. So, that leaves the “”Trumpers Forever” with a choice – escape the mangled wreckage now or perish inside it.
Paul Cogan is a writer for the republicandirtytricks.com and is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He specializes in coverage of political, economic, and environmental news. You can contact him by following him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/paul.f.cogan.
- Deutsche Bank Hands Over Trump’s Financial Records To Manhattan DA Complying With Subpoena - August 9, 2020
- Head of US Christian college steps aside in flap over photo - August 8, 2020
- Kanye West’s ‘Lawyer’ Lane Ruhland Submits Wisconsin Presidential Ballot Papers Late, Could Lead To Disqualification - August 8, 2020
- New York seeks to dissolve NRA over financial mismanagement - August 6, 2020
- Trump and Fox’s Lou Dobbs discuss the nation’s UFO situation - August 5, 2020
- Trump says he may accept the nomination from the White House; RNC will be open to press - August 5, 2020
- Trump Sues Nevada Over New In-Mail Voting Law - August 5, 2020
- Trump slams absentee voting and claims coronavirus ‘will go away’ - August 5, 2020
- Trump backs off mail voting attacks in Florida as Democrats build huge advantage - August 4, 2020
- WATCH: Pelosi Doesn’t ‘Have Confidence’ In Dr. Deborah Birx On Handling COVID-19 - August 4, 2020