The Mar-a-Lago Mussolini is on the last leg of his dizzying tour on Asia. Dizzying for the citizens of the United States, that is, as we watch the so-called “leader of the free world” make pit-stops to pal around with some of the world’s worst antidemocratic autocrats.
Adam Taylor of The Washington Post described Trump’s Asia trip like this, “President Trump’s 12-day tour of Asia was designed to offer a vision for U.S. foreign policy in the region and reassure allies at a time of worrying tension. So far, it has done neither. Instead, the Trump administration has offered up conflicting versions of its Asia policy, while the president himself created further distractions in the form of insults for North Korea’s Kim Jong Un and praise for Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Even before the trip started, there were deep worries about what Trump’s vision for Asia — or lack thereof — would mean for the region. I’ve been in East Asia for the past few weeks interviewing officials and experts in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. The takeaway was stark: No one knew what to expect, but many were preparing for the worst. ‘Trump is a godsend for China’s rise,’ said Lee Seong-hyon, a research fellow at South Korea’s left-leaning Sejong Institute, as Trump’s trip began.”
Trump’s years of tough talk for the Chinese dictator quickly morphed into fawning accolades, but he saved his most effusive praise for his favorite anti-American autocrat, Putin.
It’s no secret Trump’s got a “curious” affinity for the Russian dictator. Perhaps it’s Putin’s killing sprees against rivals and journalists, or perhaps it’s the fact Putin did all he could to ensure his favorite morally, mentally, intellectually and spiritually unfit reality tv-star was handed the keys to the White House. But, the shirtless former-KGB agent better watch out! Rodrigo Duterte, the murderous dictator of the Philippines, is vying for the Twitler’s greed-centered, narcissistic, heart – and he’s not above literally serenading the so-called president with a song. Though, Duterte says he was simply following Trump’s orders.
The Guardian reports:
The US president and Duterte were among 19 leaders at a gala in the Philippines capital on Sunday ahead of the annual Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit. At one point Duterte took the microphone to sing “Ikaw” (You), in a duet with local pop diva Pilita Corrales.
One of the song’s verses, translated from Filipino, begins: “You are the light in my world, a half of this heart of mine.”
“Ladies and gentlemen, I sang uninvited, upon the orders of the commander-in-chief of the United States,” Duterte said.
“President Donald Trump and Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who lavished pleasantries on each other during public appearances in Manila Monday, ‘briefly’ discussed human rights and the Philippine’s bloody war on drugs during their closed-door conversation, the White House said.
But a spokesman for the controversial Philippine President told reporters that ‘human rights did not arise”‘ during the meeting.”
Remember when Republicans whined about the “terrorists” President Obama was supposedly “palin’ around” with? Trump is literally “palin’ around” with the worst murderous autocrats on earth. Trump is too cowardly and easily manipulated by praise to challenge them.
To whom will Trump gift his “rose?” My money is still on Putin. After all, that stolen Ukrainian money isn’t going to launder itself!
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018
- GOP Candidate Hardy Billington is Really Anti-Gay. Methinks He Doth Protest Too Much. - August 7, 2018
- Meghan McCain is the Poster Child for Why We Need to Save Democracy by Taxing the Rich - July 26, 2018
- Trump Supporter “Sees the Light” After ICE Deports her Daughter-in-Law - July 25, 2018
- Oathkeepers No-Show to Their Own Protest at Maxine Waters’ Office, Counter Protest Ensues - July 20, 2018
- Newspapers Worldwide Declare Trump a “Putin’s Poodle” Traitor - July 17, 2018
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018