Donald Trump pulled off his hostile takeover of the Republican Party, and then his upset victory in 2016, by stoking racial resentment. Numerous studies show a correlation between support for Trump and racial resentment. Trump has proven time and again that he has a vested interest in stirring up division and hatred.
And yet, in the face of all of this, one of Trump’s youngest and most ardent supporters claims with a straight face that it’s Democrats who are the ones who want to keep the races divided. Namely, black conservative teen commentator CJ Pearson.
With all due respect, CJ, you have a really short memory. After all, you’re supporting a man who told four Democratic lawmakers of color to “go back” and fix the countries where they were born–language that is explicitly condemned as racist by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. You’re supporting a man who called the racists and thugs who rampaged through Charlottesville “very fine people.”
You’re standing with a man who has few qualms about unleashing vicious attacks on minorities who dare to speak up. For instance, he called NFL players who took a knee to protest police brutality “sons of bitches,” and willfully called lawmakers of color “savages.” And before then, he was one of the loudest promoters of the racially charged claims that Barack Obama wasn’t really born in this country. Add it up, and anyone without orange or red blinders can see that Trump is a man who has a vested interest in stoking racial hatred.
And you stand with a party that threw its doors open to segregationists who walked out on the Democrats after the national party embraced civil rights. By all rights, the powers that be in the GOP should have told these unrepentant racists to go fly a kite. But for them, victory took precedence over basic decency. Where have we heard this before?
So if you want to complain about politicians having a vested interest in stirring up racial division, CJ, you may want to take a long, hard look at your own president and your own party.
- Trumpkin Pastor: When Trump Tells A Lie, ‘That’s Between Him And God’ - July 7, 2020
- Michele Bachmann: Coronavirus Is Punishment For Daring To Split Jerusalem - July 5, 2020
- Trump May Be Hurting Himself With Rants About Mail-In Ballots - June 28, 2020
- Trumpkin Millennial: If You Support Biden, You Hate America - June 27, 2020
- Trump: ‘I Hope It’s True’ That God Has Chosen Me As President - June 26, 2020
- Trumpkin Pastor: Bolton Was ‘Dead Set’ Against Trump, So Don’t Listen To Him - June 24, 2020
- Watch Podcaster’s Hateful Rant About Why Employers Can’t Fire Gays - June 18, 2020
- Trumpkin Pastor: ‘God Bless’ Official Who Wants To Deport Protesters - June 16, 2020
- Trumpkin Teenager: Liberals Have ‘Vested Interest’ In Keeping Races Divided - June 12, 2020
- Trumpkin Pastor: Christians Wavering From Trump Are ‘Weak’ - June 11, 2020