Robert Mueller has spent the last two years cutting through the fog of deceit, corruption and collusion surrounding Donald Trump. He struck one of his biggest blows to date on Thursday, when Michael Cohen, Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer, pleaded guilty to misleading Congress about how long his then-boss continued discussing a potential business deal with Russia.
Back in 2017, Cohen told the House and Senate intelligence committees in writing that negotiations for a Moscow Trump Tower ended in January 2016. But on Thursday, Cohen admitted under oath that they had continued as late as June 2016, after Trump locked up the Republican nomination. He also admitted briefing Trump and several members of the Trump family on numerous occasions.
Why does this matter? Well, Cohen revealed that he hid this information with Congress in order to align with Trump’s “political messaging”–that is, Trump’s numerous 140-character and 280-character claims that he had “NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA!” We’ve already known for some time that these claims were lies. Cohen’s plea has gone a long way toward proving that they were lies.
Now who would have a problem with this swindle being exposed? Well, apparently Trump-worshiping pastor Lance Wallnau does.
Wallnau has insisted for some time that there is a demonic fog surrounding Trump and his presidency–and Mueller has a lot to do with it. This past spring, he led his followers in a prayer against the “cloud” hanging over their new messiah.
So it should come as no surprise that Wallnau felt the need to issue another call to arms in the wake of Cohen’s guilty plea.
For some time, I’ve believed that Wallnau ought to change his middle name from Whitaker to Armstrong. After all, it has been amply demonstrated that his moral code is identical to that of Lance Armstrong. This tweet is yet more proof.
For one thing, based on Cohen’s statements on Thursday, we have to ask whether Trump has any qualms about putting the interests of his checkbook above the interests of the country. It’s a fair question to ask when you continue to negotiate a business deal with a foreign government while you’re campaigning for the presidency, and then lie about it. It’s also a question that no one in any self-respecting democracy should have to ask about anyone seeking elected office. How is asking that question the product of a “demonic fog machine,” Lance?
Believe it or not, this situation is far more sinister than just a conflict of interest. As Michelle Goldberg of The New York Times notes, we now know that Trump deceived the American people about his business dealings with “a geopolitical foe that interfered in our election process on his behalf.” Moreover, Goldberg notes, Russian dictator Vladimir Putin has known for some time that Trump lied about this–and thus has “the power to plunge him (Trump) into political crisis.” Not exactly a “fiction,” Lance.
Wallnau’s tweet sounds even more tone-deaf when you consider that he was replying to this 280-character rant from Trump.
Trump was, in turn, quoting Dershowitz’ chat with Sean Hannity on Thursday night. Dershowitz claimed that Mueller was now on the hunt for “political sin” rather than crime. Um, Alan? When you cover up those political sins by lying about them to Congress, it is a crime.
And now we have first Trump, then Wallnau, effectively saying that Cohen pleaded guilty to conduct that isn’t really criminal. If anyone is trying to fog the minds of the American people, that fog definitely isn’t coming from Mueller.
- Black Pastor: Racist Michigan City Council Candidate Isn’t A Racist - August 24, 2019
- Black Trumpkin Misses Point About Why We’re Upset About Bad Cops - August 24, 2019
- Trumpkin Prophet: ‘Secret Prayer’ Kept Mueller Report From Tanking Trump - August 22, 2019
- Fundies Wonder Why People Who Know About Religion Don’t Like Them - August 21, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief Smears Chrissy Teigen–Again - August 19, 2019
- False Prophet Warns Against Supporting Dems, Explains It’s ‘Spiritual Treason’ - August 18, 2019
- False Prophet: Bow And Pray To The Orange God, Or You’ll Burn Forever - August 17, 2019
- Activists Who Fight Against Fundies In Military Reveal Some Of Their Hate Mail - August 14, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief: Q May Have Planned For Epstein To Die In His Cell - August 12, 2019
- Leading Trumpkin Refuses To Accept Reality That Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself - August 11, 2019