Let’s not sugarcoat it. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week for Donald Trump. His nominee for Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Ronny Jackson, was forced to withdraw in the face of allegations of shocking misconduct. While railing against the “cloud” of Robert Mueller’s investigation, Trump admitted that his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, didn’t do much work for him–but one of the few things he did do for him was buying Stormy Daniels’ silence.
This week has proven why Trump struggles to get his approval ratings out of the 40s. But they’re only that high because the religious right remains steadfast in its support of him. Just how steadfast was underscored on Friday afternoon, when one of Trump’s loudest fundie supporters led his followers in prayer against the forces the devil has supposedly marshaled to bring Trump down.
Among the religious right leaders who are still bowing down to Trump, Lance Wallnau is almost in a class by himself. All you need to know about how deep Wallnau’s loyalty to the Orange Calf runs is that he believes those who oppose Trump are letting the devil into their lives.
That loyalty was underlined late Thursday night. Just hours after Jackson withdrew his nomination and while the world was still rolling its eyes at Trump’s dumpster fire of an interview on “Fox & Friends,” Wallnau called for a prayer meeting the following afternoon.
Wallnau gave further details in a message to his Facebook followers. Watch a YouTube mirror here.
The prayer session was streamed live on Facebook and on Periscope, and listeners could also join on the phone. Wallnau claimed Trump’s opponents were trying to “overturn the will of 50 million Americans.” He claimed that when Trump talked about the “cloud” over him, he wasn’t merely referring to Mueller, but to the “demonic apparatus of manipulation, intimidation and control” that was aimed at pushing Trump out.
As Wallnau launched into prayer, he railed against the “actual strategy” of strife being stirred up in the media and the courts to “bring chaos” in this country. He then commanded that the cloud over Trump, which he called a “demonic collective composition of global witchcraft and curses”–to be “blown back” by the Spirit. He then asked for “the blood of Jesus” to be applied to his past–an obvious reference to the Daniels saga. At one point, he allowed his Facebook and Periscope followers to hear those on the phone call praying–mostly in tongues.
This comes after Mueller told the nation that he believes Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, indeed colluded with Russia. It also comes as Trump admitted that Cohen was acting on his behalf when he “facilitated” the payment to Daniels–thus tacitly admitting the payment was intended to influence the election.
But then again, such things as basic decency never concerned Wallnau. He actually claimed that the festering sexual harassment scandal at Fox News was a demonic trick. To hear him talk, all the women who came forward against Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, and Eric Bolling were manipulated by the devil. So it should come as no surprise that he’s all-in for Trump.
If Wallnau is trying to convince us to stand with Trump even as it becomes clearer by the day that this nation has been swindled, he ought to change his middle name from Whitaker to Armstrong. After all, his moral code–or lack thereof–is identical to that of Lance Armstrong.
- Milo The Perv Gets Someone To Listen To Him–A Teenage Boy - February 18, 2019
- Tulsi Gabbard Thinks WikiLeaks’ Identity Theft Allowed ‘Necessary Change’ - February 17, 2019
- Trump Says He Didn’t Need Emergency–After Freedom Caucus Says He Did - February 16, 2019
- Fundie Never-Trumper Now Backs A Man He Knows Is ‘Not Going To Change’ - February 13, 2019
- Fundie Radio Host: If Cory Booker Is Single, He Must Be Gay - February 11, 2019
- Trumpkins Think Democrats ‘Attack’ Trump When They Do Their Job - February 10, 2019
- Wingnut Heads Explode After John Roberts Keeps Roe v. Wade Alive - February 9, 2019
- Foreign Spies May Have Given Jeff Bezos’ Texts To National Enquirer - February 9, 2019
- Trump’s Spiritual Adviser: God REALLY Did Put Trump In The White House - February 6, 2019
- Chief QAnon Kook Wants To Drag Hillary Staffer ‘Out Of His House’ - February 4, 2019