A thousand years ago, in September, “Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough lamented said that he’s tired of the GOP being the “stupid party.” A month later, he officially changed his political affiliation to “Independent.” Who could blame him? There is no room for anyone with a modicum of a clue in the world’s most dangerous, greed-centered, death cult.
We all remember how Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) brought a snowball onto the Senate floor to “disprove” the notion of “global warming” once and for all. Now, President Snowflake is adding to the chorus of Republican dufuses publically thumbing their noses at climate science because it’s cold outside.
On this cold, winter’s day Mar-a-lago Moron tweeted:
“In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!”
Confusing “climate” with “weather” is nothing new for “The Stupid Party.” After all, that’s what their Big Oil benefactors demand. Though, Trump’s ignorance is pathological. As his banned CDC words illustrate, Trump has no need for anything “evidenced-based.” As if the font of all wisdom and knowledge was bestowed to him upon receipt of his trust fund.
For the record – and for the intellecually-incurious 71-year-old-toddlers out there – the NASA website explains, “The difference between weather and climate is a measure of time. Weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere “behaves” over relatively long periods of time.
When we talk about climate change, we talk about changes in long-term averages of daily weather. Today, children always hear stories from their parents and grandparents about how snow was always piled up to their waists as they trudged off to school. Children today in most areas of the country haven’t experienced those kinds of dreadful snow-packed winters, except for the Northeastern U.S. in January 2005. The change in recent winter snows indicate that the climate has changed since their parents were young.”
Count this as a banner day in the long, downward spiral of the Republican Party from the “Party of Lincoln” to “the Stupid Party.” Meanwhile, as the United States continues to push the filthy, finite energy systems of centuries past, the rest of the modern world collectively moves into the renewable energy future.
Of course, Twitter tried to school him, but it’s pointless.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018