It’s been amply established that Donald Trump has blown the national effort to fight coronavirus eight ways to Sunday. Not only did he miss numerous signs that this outbreak was turning into a monster, but he downplayed how serious it was. For the last few days, he’s been trying to demonstrate that he does get it. However, his appearances at the daily coronavirus briefings have been a kit and kaboodle of disinformation.
However, one moment at Monday’s briefing in the Rose Garden may sum up just how far behind the curve Trump is on this crisis. He showed off a new testing kit from Abbott Laboratories that can analyze a blood sample and yield results within five minutes. Watch footage here, courtesy KSAZ in Phoenix.
That performance was the target of a lot of 280-character guffaws on Twitter, such as this from Adam Parkomenko.
And this from Claude Taylor.
It’s hard to blame them. Trump looked like a game show host showing off a new product. But Erica Davies of the UK’s Sun couldn’t help but notice that when Trump opened the box and laid the kit down on the table, it was upside down. MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle noticed it later that night, and fell down laughing.
The 280-character hackles continued on Tuesday.
According to one of my friends who is a nurse, the part facing out toward the gathered reporters was supposed to face upward, with the flat surface facing toward him. The open part is part of the lid.
Lest you dismiss this as nitpicking, this is something that any medical professional or lab technician would know right away. One would have thought that Trump would have been prepared in advance on the correct way to display this kit. Apparently not.
The most telling thing about this situation? As I write this, we have yet to see either Trump or the official White House account melt down over the pillorying he’s taking over this. Remember, we’re talking about a president who goes on 280-character tirades at the tiniest perceived slight. Perhaps he knows that he goofed on this one. But knowing how narcissistic Trump is, don’t expect him to admit it.
- Pastor Wants To Punish Governors Who Told Churches To Stay Home - May 27, 2020
- GOP Tried To Weaponize Tara Reade Even After She Was Exposed - May 23, 2020
- Idiots In NC Want To Throw ‘COVID Party’ - May 19, 2020
- GOP Pundit: Team Trump Has No Authority To Weaponize Tara Reade - May 17, 2020
- Former Federal Prosecutor Thinks Richard Burr Is In REALLY Hot Water - May 14, 2020
- Paula White STILL Trying To Convince Us Trump Is Saved - May 13, 2020
- False Prophet: Flattening The Curve Is A ‘Demonic Strategy’ - May 11, 2020
- Trumpkin Frame-Up Of Anthony Fauci Was Actually Exposed In April - May 8, 2020
- Jim Bakker: My Religion Allows Me To Sell Snake Oil - May 6, 2020
- Christianist Publisher Lies About Trump’s ‘Great Leadership’ In COVID-19 - May 4, 2020