Admittedly, it’s the middle of summer, and while we swelter in the high-heat, or flee frantically from another wildfire gone crazy (because of course, climate change is such a myth), Christmas seems a way off. But don’t worry. Anti-Santa Trump is as busy as a casual racist beaver, bringing presents to us every day, albeit highly questionable ones.
Anti-Santa Trump doesn’t go by convention, as we all know. Never one to be bound by tradition, or manners, or reading books come to that, Anti-Santa Trump delivers all 365 days a year, so there are always plenty of dreadful gifts to go around.
Ho-ho-how horrific that one of the President’s latest offerings to us is, courtesy of his spat with the Koch brothers, injecting the dog-whistle phrase “globalist”, with all its anti-Semitic connotations, into Presidential discourse. Weapon of choice, Twitter, naturally.
Or how about unwrapping the warped assertion that “collusion isn’t really a crime” – another one of Anti-Santa Trump’s latest presents to us all, wrapped up in a big bow with lots of Chinese made glitter by that slightly naughty, slightly bewildered, slightly wired-to-the-moon, elven helper, Rudy Giuliani?
Keeping with the religious theme of Christmas, but in a slightly disturbing, slightly is my door going to get smashed in at 4am in the morning, Taliban-esque fashion, now we have a “Religious Liberty Task Force” unleashed by super-elf Jeff Sessions. Naturally, this has been condoned by anti-Santa Trump so as to keep those white Evangelical voters all sugar and spicy sweet all year round.
Much like the priceless expressions on your children’s faces as they open up a Christmas box, full of expectation, only to find it full of broken watches and moss, we all now have those “just what’s it going to be today from Anti-Santa Trump” moments every day. And he never fails to disappoint.
Never mind so much winning – this is so much giving!
- Giving Putin a free pass for everything, including literally sabotaging American democracy, shooting down airliners and poisoning British citizens in sleepy English towns.
- Giving lots and lots of people juvenile nick-names so as to keep his base all twitchy and animated (but then bizarrely continually make plaintive pleas as to how everybody should be “nice” to anti-Santa Trump.)
- Giving North Korea all the publicity it could ever dream of, and military concessions on the Korean peninsular too, and all for nothing in return.
- Giving racist wing-nuts and conspiracy theorists the length and breadth of the United States unprecedented publicity and air-time, arguably setting back civil rights in the US by decades.
And those are just a few of the mountains of unwanted gifts given to the American people.
Well, it’s only fair to return a gift when offered one and Anti-Santa Trump is no different. Let’s ensure that this November, millions and millions of us get out to vote and deliver Anti-Santa Trump the gifts of a flipped House and a flipped Senate.
Maybe we could wrap them both in Christmas bows with “Impeachment” writ large on them?
- Trump: The Anti-Santa - August 1, 2018
- Trump’s Kruel Komedy Klub - June 22, 2018
- From Russia With Animosity - June 10, 2018
- Phone Gymnastics: How Trump Keeps the GOP So Flexible (VIDEO) - May 24, 2018
- Our China Syndrome President - May 13, 2018
- Twenty Questions, Donald Trump Style - April 29, 2018
- Dreary Donald - April 19, 2018
- The Ghost of Mad King George and the “Militia” Amendment - April 7, 2018
- American-Chinese Tariff War: Fortune Cookies Not Required - April 5, 2018