Be Afraid! Be very afraid! After all, it’s easier for Republicans to manipulate you that way.
The so-called President spent much of his address to Congress trying to convince the “home of the brave” that vicious, murderous, immigrants are swarming the nation, rapaciously devouring once-vast resources, turning sea to shining sea into a husking ruin. The reality-tv star who started his so-called Presidency talking about “American carnage,” stuck to his teleprompter as he littered “America the beautiful” with more xenophobic lies.
The Orange Menace said, “We have seen the attacks at home -– from Boston to San Bernardino to the Pentagon and yes, even the World Trade Center.”
Keeping a running tab as the so-called President spoke, The Washington Post pointed out that these incidents meant to instil us with fear of the “other” were perpetrated by U.S. citizens and/or people not from nations on their travel ban.
Mark Berman of the Washington Post wrote, “This follows a pattern: Trump and his aides have repeatedly argued for his travel ban by pointing to attacks that it would not have prevented.”
Twitler opened his speech pretending to be concerned about the wave of antisemitic attacks undoubtedly carried out by emboldened racists inspired by the white nationalists infesting Trump’s inner circle, though any good he might have done was immediately nullified by the xenophobic nature of his speech. The so-called President even pointed out the family members of people killed by undocumented immigrants, invited specifically to stoke racial discord, the not-so-subtle message being, “you’re next.” Though, no matter how many times he repeats it, the facts remain, “several studies, over many years, have concluded that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States,” as the New York Times reported.
Regardless, as he vows to cut vital services, unleashing corporations upon country and community, Twitler announced an alarming new department devoted to the supposed immigrant crime wave. Twitler said, “We must support the victims of crime. I have ordered the department of homeland security to create an office to serve American victims. The office is called VOICE, victims of immigration crime engagement. We are providing a VOICE to those who have been ignored. The office is called VOICE, victims of immigration crime engagement. We are providing a VOICE to those who have been ignored by our media and silenced by special interests.”
His announcement triggered audible gasps from the gallery. Watch the clip below:
Yes, fascism isn’t “coming to America.” It’s here.
At its core, conservatism is a fundamentally anti-democratic ideology aimed at keeping everyone in their “natural” place, and that means rich, white men owning and running it all, lording over – and profiting from – the large mass of powerless peons. Stoking racial discord while denying undocumented immigrants with a path out of the shadows hits all those fascist “sweet spots.” Namely, stoking fear, keeping a poop of exploitable, vulnerable workers who are powerless to complain, as well as provide an excuse to turn the “land of the free” into an armed state.
Republicans have no moral qualms cheering on and enabling an overt authoritarian fascist, if he helps them fulfill their ultimate goal of ending pesky democracy once and for all.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018