Unless you were skinny dipping in Ganymede’s under-ice ocean, you’re probably aware of the devastation and loss of life caused by last year’s California wildfires.
You’re probably also aware that Trump (The self-acknowledged “world’s greatest expert on everything.”) had the perfect solution: Rake the forests!
Now, if fairness, Trump didn’t claim the idea was his. He stated that he got the idea from the President of Finland.
I was with the president of Finland and he said: ‘We have a much different — we’re a forest nation.’ He called it a forest nation, and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things. And they don’t have any problem.
A few teensy-weensy little problems:
- The president of Finland never said a damn thing about raking forests to prevent fires. Turns out, that was just one of Trump’s 5000+ lies he’s told since he’s occupied the Oval Office.
- The fires started on federal land. Federal land is the responsibility of the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Trump has cut firefighting funding to the USDA.
As to the “Twit-in-Chief’s” latest tweet?
The cutoff of FEMA funding could have something to do with California’s new governor, Gavin Newsom, hurting his feelings in a tweet sent out last night.
It might be because California just doesn’t like Trump. It voted against him in 2016 and kicked a lot of Republican congressmen out of office in 2018. (Trump likes states that like him and seems to dislike states that don’t!)
Or, it also might just be a diversion after Manafort’s botched redactions in a court document, appear to confirm Trump-Russian collusion in the 2016 elections.
Whatever the case, Trump’s action is way off base.
- Raking will not prevent forest fires. Anybody that actually knows anything about forests, knows better than that.
- Fires on federal land are primarily the federal government’s responsibility.
- FEMA funding was created for situations like California found itself in.
Which brings up a question that has been bugging me for a bit: Why is it that people who know nothing about something, think they know everything?
- The Scurge(?) or Scourge(?) of Socialism - March 22, 2019
- The Georgia ‘Battle of the Sexes’ Rages On - March 19, 2019
- Testicular Bill Of Rights Would Place Restrictions On Men’s Sex Lives - March 13, 2019
- What Is It With Republicans, Pedophilia And Child Brides? - March 5, 2019
- WWRJS (Who Would Republican Jesus Shoot?) - February 26, 2019
- The Battle of the Ballot Box - February 20, 2019
- 46 % Of Republicans Believe God Wanted Trump To Be President - February 19, 2019
- Tom Brady Is Sleeping With A Witch? Wait, WTF? - February 11, 2019
- Just How ‘Mobbed Up’ Is Trump? (Part 1) - February 10, 2019
- Trump Hates Illegal Immigrants, But Loves To Hire Them - February 8, 2019