Unless you were skinny dipping in Ganymede’s under-ice ocean, you’re probably aware of the devastation and loss of life caused by last year’s California wildfires.
You’re probably also aware that Trump (The self-acknowledged “world’s greatest expert on everything.”) had the perfect solution: Rake the forests!
Now, if fairness, Trump didn’t claim the idea was his. He stated that he got the idea from the President of Finland.
I was with the president of Finland and he said: ‘We have a much different — we’re a forest nation.’ He called it a forest nation, and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things. And they don’t have any problem.
A few teensy-weensy little problems:
- The president of Finland never said a damn thing about raking forests to prevent fires. Turns out, that was just one of Trump’s 5000+ lies he’s told since he’s occupied the Oval Office.
- The fires started on federal land. Federal land is the responsibility of the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Trump has cut firefighting funding to the USDA.
As to the “Twit-in-Chief’s” latest tweet?
The cutoff of FEMA funding could have something to do with California’s new governor, Gavin Newsom, hurting his feelings in a tweet sent out last night.
It might be because California just doesn’t like Trump. It voted against him in 2016 and kicked a lot of Republican congressmen out of office in 2018. (Trump likes states that like him and seems to dislike states that don’t!)
Or, it also might just be a diversion after Manafort’s botched redactions in a court document, appear to confirm Trump-Russian collusion in the 2016 elections.
Whatever the case, Trump’s action is way off base.
- Raking will not prevent forest fires. Anybody that actually knows anything about forests, knows better than that.
- Fires on federal land are primarily the federal government’s responsibility.
- FEMA funding was created for situations like California found itself in.
Which brings up a question that has been bugging me for a bit: Why is it that people who know nothing about something, think they know everything?
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020