Remember, back before this country shot itself in the ass by placing Trump in the Oval Office?
We were regaled almost daily about a mythical wall that would stop drugs, gangsters, pedophiles, and other assorted scum of the earth from setting foot on our sacred soil? And, the best part was that it would be absolutely free, for all us Big Daddy fearing “real ‘Muricans,” cause Mexico was going to foot the umteen billion dollar bill for the boondoggle.
As Trump put it,
I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me –and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.
Somehow, that turned out to be a one more whopper in a very long list of lies. (Whodathunkit?)
Selfishly, Mexico came to the conclusion that if the U.S. wanted a wall, they could damn well pay for it, because Mexico sure as hell wasn’t going to.
I was reminded of that when I came across news of one of our “gearless leader’s” latest screw-ups: cancelling the meeting with The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s Kim Jong Un.
There were problems right from the beginning. Trump needed this meeting badly and Kim didn’t! And, both of them knew it!
With Mueller’s investigators breathing down Trump’s neck, he desperately needed a dog to wag. His tweets weren’t quite as distracting as they use to be, no matter how outrageous they’d become. Kim on the other hand, likes to screw with other governments and his people had done their homework on Trump. They knew just how to handle him.
After a few cave-ins, including cancelling a major military exercise, on Trump’s part, his people finely convinced him he was being played.
What to do, what to do?
Cancel the meeting, blame the other side, and beat the drums of war of course.
But, fear not my fellow ‘Muricans! A war with N. Korea may cost a few million lives hither (S. Korea) and yon (Japan) but it’s going to be easy on our wallets because, get this, S. Korea and Japan are going to pick up a lot of the tab.
You know that’s true (or at least an “alternate fact”) because Trump said so!
I have spoken to South Korea and Japan and they are not only ready should foolish or reckless acts be taken by North Korea, but they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States in operations if such an unfortunate situation is forced upon us.
(But, don’t hold your breath. You may need it later.)
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- 58 Million Ballots Have Been Cast Nationwide, Mostly By Democrats - October 25, 2020
- White House press secretary tests positive for coronavirus - October 5, 2020
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020