Pulitzer Prize-winning author, David Cay Johnson knows exactly who Trump is. Since the time when the Republican Dim Leader was merely a mobbed-up, money-laundering, grifter, stiffing workers, contractors and creditors by day and prowling New York City discotheques at night, Johnston reported on his shady dealings for over 25 years.
Now, Johnston has a book “It’s Even Worse Than You Think: What the Trump Administration Is Doing to America,” detailing the damage the Republican Party inflicted on America by helping elevate the most prolific conman to the hightest office in the land.
When asked about Trump and his Crime Family enriching himself off the Presidency, Johnston laid it out:
Johnston: “Donald’s is all about money he’s about himself. The glorification of the “Superior to the Rest of Us: Donald Trump.” He should not have the “Washington Trump Hotel.” The contract says no federal employees can be involved in the deal.
He’s our employee – and he should not be involved in the deal! Nobody reported on national TV during the inauguration ceremony, he made a point of stopping in front of the hotel. I was stunned by this.
If you want to do business with the Trump Administration, the best way to signal that is to do with the government of Kuwait did. You hold your party there… you have dinner there… you go meet Trump appointees. You are there to show you are supporting Donald Trump. And since he’s taken office, the Chinese have given all sorts of additional property rights to Ivanka.
We have three references to emoluments In our Constitution. The best known is foreign, but there’s a domestic clause also that says he’s not supposed to make any money from the federal government, or the state – and yet, look at all the money being spent a Trump properties – where he spends a third of his time… by law-enforcement… by security …by government officials. This it is absolutely a violation of the Constitution and yet is not being questioned.”
Scarborough added, “Going back to what you said about how Donald’s all about money …and, by the way, you call him “Donald,” for people don’t know you’ve been following him around for… he says… you have all these great blurbs from the Washington Monthly, the Oregonian and Lawrence Tribe… And then you have, “I know the reporter is a weird dude who’s been following me For 25 years so obviously he hasn’t done so well he’s been following me in a negative fashion for 25 years. Always a hit – and I’m president – so he hasn’t done a very good job,” – Donald Trump. That’s a nice blurb, but yet, you know, it reminds me of “Fire and Fury” when Michael Wolff confirmed what we knew.
This guy didn’t expect to be president of the United States. He was doing this to make money. Even now he’s about making money. He’s about making money now and he’s about making money when he gets out of office.”
Johnston: “Yeah. Donald was obviously very surprised he was going to win. On election day, his staff went to the political politics reporters and said, “gee… you know… “sorry how he treated you but Donald demanded that we do that” because they have to have to have careers in the future…. and so, he clearly was surprised about doing this. On the other hand, Donald’s does really believe that he is superior to the rest of us and then, of course, he should be president. Just remember… Donald… when he doesn’t know things, he just makes it up. He’s done in his whole life. He just makes it up.”
Watch the the clip below:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018