Now, when we call Donald Trump the ‘Pipeline Prez’ we’re not just referring to the obsession he has with talking about his junk. This morning Donald Trump signed executive orders to push forward BOTH the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines. Two pipelines that were each about as popular as bacon-wrapped spam in a Vegan Restaurant.
This is not surprising. Trump’s support for the Pipelines is well known. Also, we can’t expect this Administration to even listen to the Scientists or Environmentalists. First of all, just like the Generals Trump knows more than them. Second of all, we live in a country where Kellyanne Conway is about to declare that two plus two equals five, and if she did the media would report that “some say two plus two equals five.” This would benefit nobody except kids in school that struggle with math, because there would no longer be wrong answers. They deny Climate Science, they’re certainly going to deny Environmental Impact.
Here’s where it gets worse: As of the writing of this piece, the White House has said nada. Zip. Zilch. Not a Thing.
Buckle In. Trump’s supporters were partially right about one thing: He is a rogue, he is an outsider. He is not an outsider to the establishment, though. He is an outsider to any semblance of protocol or accountability. He is an outsider to at least paying lip service to a political process that is at least in verbiage include transparency and checks-and-balances. He gave the public no explanation, none whatsoever. And who’s going to complain? The press? Our corporate media has the backbone of a jellyfish. A dead jellyfish.
This is the new Administration. They will cater to special interests with no regard for public opinion nor will any accountable be held or even lip service be given. The one beacon of hope in all this is that the corruption will be so thick that it can’t be ignored and this GOP Frankenstein will push this country back in a more Progressive direction. In the meantime, and in the short term, protesting is all we have.
- It Gets Worse: Babbling Sycophant, Alex Jones, Is Now Part of the “Powers That Be” - February 17, 2017
- It’s Not Time to Celebrate Daylin Leach…Yet - February 10, 2017
- Think the Open Internet Is Safe Under Trump? Guess Again - February 6, 2017
- How The Media Can Battle Alternative Facts According To Keith Olbermann - January 26, 2017
- Trump Approves Two Unpopular Pipelines With No Explanation - January 24, 2017
- Progressives Are FINALLY Positioning To Take Back The Democratic Party From The DINOs - January 24, 2017
- We Must Make Sure The Next Massive March Is In November 2018 And Ends In A Voting Booth - January 23, 2017
- This Farewell Letter To President Obama Echoes What’s In The Hearts Of Many - January 19, 2017
- PODCAST: Indie Bohemians: Homophobia in Trump’s America, An Insider Paul McCartney Quote and More! - January 19, 2017
- What Democrats Can Learn From the NFL Playoffs - January 17, 2017