If anyone can be described as “born on third base, thinking he hit a triple,” it’s so-called President Trump. He’s an epic grifter who somehow convinced millions of dupes that he is a “great dealmaker” even though he bankrupted numerous businesses and accumulated a personal fortune stiffing workers, creditors and contractors so often he could no longer get a legitimate bank loan. How fitting that he “won” the presidency thanks to the electoral college – a concession to slave states – even though receiving fewer votes than his opponent.
Since the day he “won” the election on a technicality, the Republican Dumb Führer has whined that he actually won the popular vote as well, if not for millions of “illegal” votes cast.
Republicans have been making erroneous claims of “voter fraud” for years in order to justify their attempts at undermine democracy. So it was quite alarming when one of the first items on the Mar-a-lago Mussolini’s agenda was to create a phony “voter fraud” commission and install Kris Kobach, a true enemy of democracy, to lead it.
Thankfully, many states resisted the Republican Dim Leader’s blatant power grab. So, after President Twitter Troll dissolved the commission he took to his favorite social media platform to whine about it.
“President Trump on Wednesday abruptly shut down a White House commission he had charged with investigating voter fraud, ending a brief quest for evidence of election theft that generated lawsuits, outrage and some scholarly testimony, but no real evidence that American elections are corrupt.
Mr. Trump did not acknowledge the commission’s inability to find evidence of fraud, but cast the closing as a result of continuing legal challenges.”
Whiny Trump tweeted, “Many mostly Democrat States refused to hand over data from the 2016 Election to the Commission On Voter Fraud. They fought hard that the Commission not see their records or methods because they know that many people are voting illegally. System is rigged, must go to Voter I.D.”
Followed by, “As Americans, you need identification, sometimes in a very strong and accurate form, for almost everything you do…..except when it comes to the most important thing, VOTING for the people that run your country. Push hard for Voter Identification!”
Since every day is “opposite day” in Republican-World, you better believe Trump’s only concern about election “rigging” is not being able to rig them in his favor.
As the antidemocratic agents of oligarchy, Republicans really don’t care if they “win” elections by hook or by crook. Rather than meeting their opponents fairly and openly on the field of ideas, they focus their energies trying to prevent Americans from exercising the right so many fought, bled and died to entrust to them. Cross the Republican Party’s hatred for democracy and Trump’s malignant narcissism with the fact that the so-called president is the biggest popular vote loser in American history, and we have the completely erroneous complaint that “voter fraud” is one of our dying empire’s most pressing problems.
Until the Republican Party is safely contained in history’s trash pile. Keep up the resistance.
Featured image: Kris Kobach, Wikicommons
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018