Drumbeats For Civil War!
By now, I’m sure you’ve noticed the troglodyte right’s lusty obsession with the Civil War. They claim it’s their “heritage!” (Personally, I don’t think that racism, treason and and getting their asses kicked BIG TIME, makes for a glorious heritage. But then, my I.Q. isn’t down in the middle double digits.)
Now it seems, their “misty water-colored memories of the way we weren’t”* is contributing to their desire for a “re-do” if things don’t go the way they’d like.
This sort of insanity has been building for years, but it seems the Civil War mania has been kicked up several notches over the past couple of years. Here are just a few posts from the RDTdaily files:
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right
- Dispatch From Alex Jones’ ‘2nd Civil War’
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January
Plus, a plethora of other examples.
And The Beat Goes On!
Yesterday [9/3/19] Khristian bible banger, Rick Joyner, showed up on “The Jim Bakker Show” to “explore the coming 2nd Civil War.” (Of course, apocalyptic predictions also help Jimbo sell more of his over-priced survival gear and food. However, I’m sure there’s no connection. RIGHT?)
The Rickster isn’t a newbie when in comes to civil war prognostication. For over a year he’s claimed that Big Daddy took over one of his dreams last year to tell him about the coming conflict. (Well, it was either “Big D,” or perhaps an errant mindcast from Planet Nibiru.)
As to what will cause “Real ‘Muricans” to take up their AR-15s and start shootin’ their neighbors? The Rickster claims it’s the fulfillment of that NRA mantra: “They’re Coming To Take Your Guns Away.” (Wasn’t that supposed to be Obama’s job?)
Call In The Militias
Not to worry, having followed the right-wing tradition of creating a problem than pretending to have the solution, Ricky has the solution:
The Second Amendment is linked to militias. We were meant to have militias throughout the country to defend our communities … I think there is going to be a militia movement that unites and supports and is open about what they are doing and they are going to be trained and prepared to defend their communities.
Either the Rickster of SCOTUS (or both) has this bass ackwards, since SCOTUS (only the latest one) has declared that the militia part doesn’t mean what you (or Ricky) thinks it means. But, that’s the subject of my upcoming series on the 2nd Amendment. (Stay tuned.)
Tinker Toy Soldiers
As to creating militias? In 2016, the Southern Poverty Law Center put the number of groups at 276 with up to 60,000 members. Both numbers are on the rise in the “Age of rump.”
The pic at the top of this post is of a militia called “The 3%ers.” Their name supposedly comes from their erroneous claim that only 3% of the population of the 13 colonies took up arms during the American Revolution. (Actually, I think it stems from the fact that they only use 3% of their mental capacity.)
The Rickster continues:
If Christians don’t get involved in things like that, [the] wrong people will get in. Christians need to get in to set the course. We’re not just going to attack other races; we’re here to defend and support. Christians have to get engaged in it. Jesus himself said, ‘There is a time to sell your coat and buy a sword.’ That was the weapon of their day.
We are entering a time for war and we need to mobilize.
As is typical, that quote from J.C. had nothing to do with starting a war, it was about Peter’s denial. But, cherry-picking and outright lying is what Khristian trogs do best!
STAY TUNED! There’s sure to be more war chants coming!
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- AG Orders Jim Bakker to Stop Claiming His ‘Silver Solution’ Kills Coronavirus - March 6, 2020
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019