Drumbeats For Civil War!
By now, I’m sure you’ve noticed the troglodyte right’s lusty obsession with the Civil War. They claim it’s their “heritage!” (Personally, I don’t think that racism, treason and and getting their asses kicked BIG TIME, makes for a glorious heritage. But then, my I.Q. isn’t down in the middle double digits.)
Now it seems, their “misty water-colored memories of the way we weren’t”* is contributing to their desire for a “re-do” if things don’t go the way they’d like.
This sort of insanity has been building for years, but it seems the Civil War mania has been kicked up several notches over the past couple of years. Here are just a few posts from the RDTdaily files:
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right
- Dispatch From Alex Jones’ ‘2nd Civil War’
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January
Plus, a plethora of other examples.
And The Beat Goes On!
Yesterday [9/3/19] Khristian bible banger, Rick Joyner, showed up on “The Jim Bakker Show” to “explore the coming 2nd Civil War.” (Of course, apocalyptic predictions also help Jimbo sell more of his over-priced survival gear and food. However, I’m sure there’s no connection. RIGHT?)
The Rickster isn’t a newbie when in comes to civil war prognostication. For over a year he’s claimed that Big Daddy took over one of his dreams last year to tell him about the coming conflict. (Well, it was either “Big D,” or perhaps an errant mindcast from Planet Nibiru.)
As to what will cause “Real ‘Muricans” to take up their AR-15s and start shootin’ their neighbors? The Rickster claims it’s the fulfillment of that NRA mantra: “They’re Coming To Take Your Guns Away.” (Wasn’t that supposed to be Obama’s job?)
Call In The Militias
Not to worry, having followed the right-wing tradition of creating a problem than pretending to have the solution, Ricky has the solution:
The Second Amendment is linked to militias. We were meant to have militias throughout the country to defend our communities … I think there is going to be a militia movement that unites and supports and is open about what they are doing and they are going to be trained and prepared to defend their communities.
Either the Rickster of SCOTUS (or both) has this bass ackwards, since SCOTUS (only the latest one) has declared that the militia part doesn’t mean what you (or Ricky) thinks it means. But, that’s the subject of my upcoming series on the 2nd Amendment. (Stay tuned.)
Tinker Toy Soldiers
As to creating militias? In 2016, the Southern Poverty Law Center put the number of groups at 276 with up to 60,000 members. Both numbers are on the rise in the “Age of rump.”
The pic at the top of this post is of a militia called “The 3%ers.” Their name supposedly comes from their erroneous claim that only 3% of the population of the 13 colonies took up arms during the American Revolution. (Actually, I think it stems from the fact that they only use 3% of their mental capacity.)
The Rickster continues:
If Christians don’t get involved in things like that, [the] wrong people will get in. Christians need to get in to set the course. We’re not just going to attack other races; we’re here to defend and support. Christians have to get engaged in it. Jesus himself said, ‘There is a time to sell your coat and buy a sword.’ That was the weapon of their day.
We are entering a time for war and we need to mobilize.
As is typical, that quote from J.C. had nothing to do with starting a war, it was about Peter’s denial. But, cherry-picking and outright lying is what Khristian trogs do best!
STAY TUNED! There’s sure to be more war chants coming!
- Trump downplays Russia in first comments about cyberattack - December 19, 2020
- Florida Republican Sen. Rick Scott has tested positive for COVID-19 - November 20, 2020
- Trump Allies Look At Buying Right-Wing Cable Network Newsmax To Create ‘Trump TV’ - November 16, 2020
- Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Stop Certification Of Biden’s Election Win In Pennsylvania - November 11, 2020
- 58 Million Ballots Have Been Cast Nationwide, Mostly By Democrats - October 25, 2020
- White House press secretary tests positive for coronavirus - October 5, 2020
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020