In the hours after the horrific shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Tomi Lahren was one of many right-wing luminaries who warned liberals against daring to politicize another mass shooting. That brought one of the best moments of 2018–watching Lahren get burned down on Twitter by several of the survivors.
Well, it looks like Lahren has been schooled once again by a kid. She thought she could get away with spewing alternative facts about Trump’s much-hyped wall on the southern border. But Lahren was put in her place by an 11-year-old girl from Flint who pointed out the money spent on that wall would be better spent making her city’s water drinkable.
On Wednesday, Trump publicly threatened to shut down the government unless Congress allocated a whopping $5 billion for the wall. In other words, even after seeing his House majority burned to ashes a month earlier, he still thinks he can bully that effing wall into existence. As we now know, House Speaker-in-waiting Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer refused to back down.
While most of the nation saw Trump prove beyond any doubt that he is a 72-year-old toddler, Lahren saw something else–a man standing up for our nation’s security. On Thursday morning, she took to Twitter to not only tout her support for the wall–but that she was going on Trump’s favorite show to let Trump know she had his back.
As promised, Lahren sung Trump’s praises to the gang on the curvy couch. Watch here.
Lahren said that when she saw Trump, she saw “the man I voted for” in action. She also claimed that Trump will eventually get that $5 billion, because the American people are behind him.
What Lahren may not have known is that just after she signed off, she got a severe dose of truth from 11-year-old Mari Copeny, better known as “Little Miss Flint.” Like many of her friends, Copeny has had to deal with the drudgery of not being able to drink the water from her tap. She first came to national attention in 2016, when she asked then-President Obama to come to Flint and shine a light on her town’s suffering.
For those who don’t remember, Flint tried to switch its water source to the Flint River in 2014. However, inadequate treatment caused lead to leach into the water supply, causing one of the worst public health emergencies in American history. On paper, the water has been back to drinkable levels since 2017. However, residents have been advised to continue using bottled water until the piping has been replaced–a job that won’t be complete until 2019 at the earliest.
So that led Copeny to wonder–why not spend some of that money earmarked for the wall on helping replace those pipes?
Depending on the source, it will take anywhere from $60 million to $108 million to upgrade Flint’s water treatment plant. Either amount would be a drop in the bucket compared to the billions Trump is demanding for the wall.
Perhaps Lahren knows this as well. As of Sunday, she has yet to offer a response. Perhaps she has finally figured out that when a right-wing talking head tries to take on an articulate teenager, the talking head is setting himself or herself up to be burned–and bigly.
- Black Trumpkin Misses Point About Why We’re Upset About Bad Cops - August 24, 2019
- Trumpkin Prophet: ‘Secret Prayer’ Kept Mueller Report From Tanking Trump - August 22, 2019
- Fundies Wonder Why People Who Know About Religion Don’t Like Them - August 21, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief Smears Chrissy Teigen–Again - August 19, 2019
- False Prophet Warns Against Supporting Dems, Explains It’s ‘Spiritual Treason’ - August 18, 2019
- False Prophet: Bow And Pray To The Orange God, Or You’ll Burn Forever - August 17, 2019
- Activists Who Fight Against Fundies In Military Reveal Some Of Their Hate Mail - August 14, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief: Q May Have Planned For Epstein To Die In His Cell - August 12, 2019
- Leading Trumpkin Refuses To Accept Reality That Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself - August 11, 2019
- Chief QAnon Kook’s Silence On Elephant In Epstein Room Is Telling - August 8, 2019