From Ambassador Nikki Haley walking out of a UN Security Council meeting as Palestinian envoy began to speak, to Haley cutting and running from the UN Human Rights Council saying its “anti-Israel,” to the Doltard’s, Andy Kaufmann meets Dante’s 9th Circle of Hell, “Little Rocket Man” speech, the antics of the Trump regime at the United Nations fluctuates between ” terrifyingly inexplicable” and “terrifyingly clownish.”
We can now add the Trump regime’s opposition to a resolution to encourage breast feeding to their list of corruptions.
The New York Times reports, “A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly.
Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.
Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.”
Yes, you read that correctly. Trump and his enablers want babies to be denied the health benefits of breastfeeding because a corporation needs to make profit. We know how much Republicans “love” babies…. unless a corporation needs them to STFU and drink their chemicals.
But, it gets worse. Twitler’s regime used its power to bully other nations into dropping the resolution.
The New York Times continues, “The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.
The showdown over the issue was recounted by more than a dozen participants from several countries, many of whom requested anonymity because they feared retaliation from the United States.
Health advocates scrambled to find another sponsor for the resolution, but at least a dozen countries, most of them poor nations in Africa and Latin America, backed off, citing fears of retaliation, according to officials from Uruguay, Mexico and the United States.
‘We were astonished, appalled and also saddened,’ said Patti Rundall, the policy director of the British advocacy group Baby Milk Action, who has attended meetings of the assembly, the decision-making body of the World Health Organization, since the late 1980s.”
To make matters even more “curious,” when the Russians stepped up to introduce the measure, the Trump regime bullying tactics stopped… because, of course they did.
It’s just another example that Republicans aren’t just international embarrassments, they’re hypocrites – who are completely cowed by the Russian anti-democratic foreign dictator who runs a crime family/oligarchy with an economy smaller than Italy.
It’s also clear that Twitler views the United Nations, not as the deliberative body organized in the wake of two devastating world wars that left approximately 100 million human beings prematurely dead, but another stage to put on a reality tv show for his easily-led and tragically ill-informed dupes who have their heads so far up the ass of the alt-right universe, they actually think Trump is a “successful businessman” working tirelessly to save the America he “loves.”
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018
- GOP Candidate Hardy Billington is Really Anti-Gay. Methinks He Doth Protest Too Much. - August 7, 2018
- Meghan McCain is the Poster Child for Why We Need to Save Democracy by Taxing the Rich - July 26, 2018
- Trump Supporter “Sees the Light” After ICE Deports her Daughter-in-Law - July 25, 2018
- Oathkeepers No-Show to Their Own Protest at Maxine Waters’ Office, Counter Protest Ensues - July 20, 2018
- Newspapers Worldwide Declare Trump a “Putin’s Poodle” Traitor - July 17, 2018
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018