Did he pay? Or did he not pay? That is the question. Or at least one of what feels like a million swirling around Trump and the Stormy Daniels twenty-first century Book of (Porn Star) Revelations of late.
Another week and yet another calamitous display of PR and staying on point from Team Trump. The summit of the MAGA mountain range being Rudy Giuliani’s knuckle-biting admissions on Hannity as to Trump’s payments to Stormy Daniels, or not, or maybe, or through Michael Cohen, but not officially, but maybe so, and…….SQUIRREL!
The on-going chaos of the Trump administration accelerates, red-lines, explodes the engine and then simply gets in another car to do the very same again.
And yet it was all meant to be so much “greater” than this. The MAGA masses wanted it so very bad. But they now know it, we certainly know it and as for Trump, well, who knows?
It was from the starting-gun a Trump con. From top to bottom. From the middle to the side. From Spicer to Scaramucci to Sanders to Giuliani, it’s been a Trump master-class in smoke and mirrors over anything of any real substance.
In January 1978, the Sex Pistols concluded their one and only tour of the US at Winterland, San Francisco, tired and in disarray. As the curtain fell, the audience began to realise that not just the show for the night was over, but the whole Pistols rock ‘n’ roll journey had just expired. On conclusion, Johnny Rotten mocked the crowd, laughingly asking them:
“Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated? Goodnight…”
At least Rotten had the steel to put it to his adoring audience that the gig was up. In contrast, would Trump do the same, right now, for his hard-core MAGA devotees? Doubtful. And yet would they, deep-down, confession style, expect anything more from their reality distorting demagogue-in-chief?
MAGA. It was all meant to be. It just needed four memorable words to make it so – Make America Great Again. So easy it could be memorized by even Trump himself.
Throw in some populist low hanging fruit about walls, China and “getting better deals” and generally talking like the embarrassing uncle you like to avoid at Thanksgiving but then find propping up the bar at your regular down-town haunt, and you have our current Commander-in-Chief.
Blind political loyalty, like unthinking religious faith, is a bewildering thing. In the debris of a defeated Nazi Germany in 1945, the Allies put on enforced tours of Hitler’s death camps to Nazi suspects. Even while most were repulsed, a hard-core maintained that, despite the over-whelming and over-powering evidence before them, it was all a hoax.
Delusion can be hard to shake.
As an English author in the US, there are parallels between the MAGA masses and the Brexiter bros. Both yearn for a years-ago ideal of an abstract concept of “greatness.” On either side of the Pond, no-one can actually identify what this actually consists of or when it was meant to have been.
And there’s a perfectly good reason as to why it can’t be identified, either State-side or British-side. And that’s because, the so easy to sell, but impossibly hard to prove narrative, is a pure fiction.
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019
- Troglodyte: Use the Military to Arrest the Heads of Google, Facebook and Twitter - August 28, 2019
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019
- ‘Flat Earth’ Rocket Launch Aborted Due to Bad Used Water Heater - August 15, 2019
- Louie Gohmert: Charging Terrorist With Hate Crime Will Lead To Sending Preachers To Prison - August 7, 2019