After spending the last 7 years obstructing, sabotaging and lying about the Affordable Care Act – a law that was debated for years, survived two Congressional elections, a national election and a Supreme Court review – Republicans had their chance to fulfill their promises and “repeal and replace” the Affordable Care Act with “something terrific.”
Like the dog who finally found himself with a giant bus in his mouth, the right wing fascists and their Putin-puppet President failed to “make a deal,” and in the process revealed themselves to be the pathetic frauds liberals, Democrats, progressives and all other assorted normal people have always known them to be.
As the “repeal and replace’ debacle came crashing down around them, Republicans scrambled to find a culprit to blame. After all, members of the so-called “party of personal responsibility” only stick to that motto when trying to deny Americans what people in every other modern nation enjoy – health care as a right of citizenship, not a privilege of wealth. When it comes to “taking responsibility” for being completely unfit to hold leadership positions in a modern nation – forget it!
Of course, this epic Republican fail is entirely of their own making. If we had Republican Party that wasn’t dedicated to obstruction and oligarchy, they might have been able to work with Democrats to fix the flaws in the ACA and call it a “win.” The right wing hatred of government… compromise… and all things Obama was their downfall. Now, the Internet is showering them with all the mockery and derision they rightfully earned.
But while everyone acknowledged the ACA’s flaws, they grew accustomed to a minimum standard of care and not interested in returning to the measurably worst health system in the industrialized world. Far from fulfilling the promise of “insurance for everybody,” Republicans were trying to peddle the health care equivalent of Trump University, and call it a win.
You see, Republicans were always afraid of Americans finding out that while the ACA wasn’t perfect – it was something. And, once again we see that Republicans got NOTHIN! Let’s hope the American people finally make them pay for it.
It’s time for Democrats – otherwise known as “normal people capable of functioning in a democratic society” – to push for the only ACA “improvement” that will truly fix the system once and for all. Namely, Single Payer.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018