Republican Men Are Scared To Death Of Women!
That may sound a bit strange, but if you check out their legislative attempts to control women (especially their bodies) that’s the only logical conclusion you can come up with.
They’ve been getting away with it for a hell of a long time, however, as I’ve said, “The times, they are a changin’.” (Ok, Dylan said it first, but I said it later.)
Which brings us to Georgia.
A couple of weeks ago, the men in the Georgia House passed HB 481, a so-called “heartbeat bill” that would outlaw abortions after 6 weeks. That’s before most women are even aware of being pregnant. The bill, according to “The Hill” “is dangerous for women nationwide.”
Republican Men Get Return Fire
Then, last week, Georgia state Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick decided to give the men a taste of their own medicine: She sent an email to the staffer responsible for writing bills. She then shared her action on twitter:
Every Sperm Is Sacred!
The Good(?) Book has a few not-nice things to say about Onanism (“Jerkin’ the Gherkin” or “Buttering the Corn,” for those of you who aren’t into Genesis.) In fact, Big Daddy got so pissed at Onan, he had him “offed.”
Then there’s Leviticus:
And if any man’s seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. – Leviticus 15:16 (KJV)
So, if Big D is against “slapping the salami,” maybe law enforcement should get involved. Which brings us to Georgia HB 604:
Any male 55 years of age or older shall immediately report to the county sheriff or local law enforcement agency when such male releases sperm from his testicles. – Georgia HB 604
The proposed legislation is again sponsored by Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick. But this time, she has four additional co-sponsors. (For some strange reason, none of whom are men.)
If there are any jittery Georgia men reading this, (which I highly doubt) don’t worry too much. After all the Georgia Legislature is mostly composed of Republican men.
Still, “Heartbeat Abortion Bills” were once bad jokes and stranger things have happened.
- Trump downplays Russia in first comments about cyberattack - December 19, 2020
- Florida Republican Sen. Rick Scott has tested positive for COVID-19 - November 20, 2020
- Trump Allies Look At Buying Right-Wing Cable Network Newsmax To Create ‘Trump TV’ - November 16, 2020
- Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Stop Certification Of Biden’s Election Win In Pennsylvania - November 11, 2020
- 58 Million Ballots Have Been Cast Nationwide, Mostly By Democrats - October 25, 2020
- White House press secretary tests positive for coronavirus - October 5, 2020
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020