Republican Men Are Scared To Death Of Women!
That may sound a bit strange, but if you check out their legislative attempts to control women (especially their bodies) that’s the only logical conclusion you can come up with.
They’ve been getting away with it for a hell of a long time, however, as I’ve said, “The times, they are a changin’.” (Ok, Dylan said it first, but I said it later.)
Which brings us to Georgia.
A couple of weeks ago, the men in the Georgia House passed HB 481, a so-called “heartbeat bill” that would outlaw abortions after 6 weeks. That’s before most women are even aware of being pregnant. The bill, according to “The Hill” “is dangerous for women nationwide.”
Republican Men Get Return Fire
Then, last week, Georgia state Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick decided to give the men a taste of their own medicine: She sent an email to the staffer responsible for writing bills. She then shared her action on twitter:
Every Sperm Is Sacred!
The Good(?) Book has a few not-nice things to say about Onanism (“Jerkin’ the Gherkin” or “Buttering the Corn,” for those of you who aren’t into Genesis.) In fact, Big Daddy got so pissed at Onan, he had him “offed.”
Then there’s Leviticus:
And if any man’s seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. – Leviticus 15:16 (KJV)
So, if Big D is against “slapping the salami,” maybe law enforcement should get involved. Which brings us to Georgia HB 604:
Any male 55 years of age or older shall immediately report to the county sheriff or local law enforcement agency when such male releases sperm from his testicles. – Georgia HB 604
The proposed legislation is again sponsored by Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick. But this time, she has four additional co-sponsors. (For some strange reason, none of whom are men.)
If there are any jittery Georgia men reading this, (which I highly doubt) don’t worry too much. After all the Georgia Legislature is mostly composed of Republican men.
Still, “Heartbeat Abortion Bills” were once bad jokes and stranger things have happened.
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- AG Orders Jim Bakker to Stop Claiming His ‘Silver Solution’ Kills Coronavirus - March 6, 2020
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019