News just broke within the hour, across multiple media outlets, that the Department of Justice’s Internal Watchdog will be investigating the FBI and the DOJ in regards to the “Comey letter” incident that was reported on starting on October 28th, of last year. CNN’s Pamela Brown reports:
“This request came from both Democratic and Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill. We were expecting this to happen given all of these lawmakers that have come out and were asking for this investigation to take place.”
This is a press release that was sent to journalism outlets by the Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz:
- Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director’s public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director’s letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 2016, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;
- Allegations that the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;
- Allegations that the Department’s Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;
- Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information; and
- Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI’s release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.
This story is still developing. Brown reports that the FBI has not yet commented.
- Trump Is Like Human Arsenic And He Just Upped The Ante On Poisoning The World - January 24, 2017
- Trump Will Never Be Half The Leader President Obama Was (VIDEO) - January 21, 2017
- 16 Survival Tips For Protesting Trump That Will Earn You Mad Props And Make You Chuckle - January 19, 2017
- Late Night Hosts Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop, Taking on Trump (video) - January 12, 2017
- The FBI and DOJ will be Investigated on Surrounding Events of the “Comey Letter” - January 12, 2017
- Republicans, FBI, and TSA Look the Other Way Leading up to Ft. Lauderdale - January 12, 2017
- All the Best Highlights Of Bernie Sanders’ Inaugural Week Townhall (VIDEOS) - January 10, 2017