The AP reported on May 19: “A far-right faction of the Texas State Board of Education succeeded Friday in injecting conservative ideals into social studies, history and economics lessons that will be taught to millions of students for the next decade.”
It must be tough to be a Conservative Republican – so bound up by fear and wedded to a philosophy of greed and division that you must actively work to smite the truth from creeping into the ears of the future Serfs of America – lest they get the notion that there is a better way.
With this in mind, the right wing ideologues on the Texas School board are at it again – chipping away at historical truths that are too “liberal” and turning our education system into a vehicle for their political ideology. For all their “Nazi” accusations when it comes to making sure Americans don’t go die for lack of care or go bankrupt if hit with a catastrophic illness, their tactics of propagandizing impressionable children with their racist, divisive, war-mongering philosophy would make Joseph Goebbels blush.
Thom Hartmann wrote at the Huffington Post, “California state Sen. Leland Yee (D) has introduced a bill to stop Texas textbooks from getting into California classrooms. Earlier this year, Texas cut Thomas Jefferson out of textbooks and replaced him with the religious right icon John Calvin — who argued that riches are the sign of god’s blessing and poverty is a sign of god’s curse — and also tossed out the word “democratic” from the description of the U.S. government, replacing it with “republic” which sounds more like “Republican” — an old rhetorical trick that goes back to Joe McCarthy’s time.
A new report in the Guardian reveals that the Texas dropped the phrase “slave trade” in favor of ‘Atlantic triangular trade.” And newly proposed changes in Texas schoolbooks include teaching kids the importance of gutting social security & medicare and how the UN “is a danger to US sovereignty.” The Texas school board will be meeting again this week and conservatives have promised to keep chipping away correct years of liberal bias in history classes. Texas serves 4.7 million students and accounts for a large percentage of the textbook market, and they influence what is taught in the the entire US. Why are our textbooks for children becoming a Tea Party Manifesto?”
It’s clear that the Texas School Board are ideologues with a political agenda to indoctrinate the youth of America with their right-wing, pro-corporate, anti-working people, lies which will only serve to ensure that the American Dream continues to be impossible to achieve.
The dirty secret that lies in the heart of every Repug- including the members of the Texas School Board – is they know that if conservatism actually worked, it would be able to stand on its own merit without having to be cloaked in such deception.
Goodness knows that Cons have been ramming their failed policies down our throat since Reagan and, rather than the Utopia promised, the fruits of their policies have been nothing less than the destruction of the once-vibrant American Middle class. The Texas School Board and Cons like them are waging this campaign of deception on today’s youth hoping that by doing so they can continue to roll back the clock on progress to a time that Cons are nostalgic for – when everyone knew their “place.”
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018