What’s Sauce For The Goose, Is Sauce For The Gander!
For I don’t know how long, (centuries, millenia?) men have been trying to control women’s bodies and their sex lives. (While giving their own a free ride!) The Republican “War on Women” is just the latest example.
For the last five decades, the biggest battle in the aforementioned “war” was fought over abortion. However, lately, it’s expanded to even try to limit women’s access to birth control.
The “war” is even aided and abetted by the language used. For instance, a woman who engages in a lot of sex is often referred to as a “slut.” On the other hand, a man who does the same, is a “stud.” Same activity, totally opposite connotations.
For centuries, (millenia?) women have, for the most part, had to put up with this garbage. But, as Mr Dylan once said, “The times, they are a changin’!” As you may have noticed in the last few years, women have become organized, empowered, and they’re fighting back!
The latest example of this comes from Georgia.
The Georgia House of Representatives passed HB 481, a so-called “heartbeat bill” that would outlaw abortions after 6 weeks. That’s before most women are even aware of being pregnant.
The bill, of course, is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has ruled that states cannot ban abortion before the point of viability — 23 to 25 weeks. So, in the end, this bill will be tossed on the trash heap. However, Georgia state Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick decided to give the male legislators a taste of their own medicine.
Your Testicular “Bill of Rights”
On Monday, Ms Dar’shun Kendrick sent an email to the staffer responsible for writing bills. She then shared her action on twitter:
The legislation will never pass. In fact, I’d be surprised if it even got a reading, but that’s not Ms Kendrick’s purpose.
As she told “Rolling Stone,”
[The purpose is to] bring awareness to the fact that if you’re going to legislate our bodies, then we have every right to propose legislation to regulate yours.
- The Georgia ‘Battle of the Sexes’ Rages On - March 19, 2019
- Testicular Bill Of Rights Would Place Restrictions On Men’s Sex Lives - March 13, 2019
- What Is It With Republicans, Pedophilia And Child Brides? - March 5, 2019
- WWRJS (Who Would Republican Jesus Shoot?) - February 26, 2019
- The Battle of the Ballot Box - February 20, 2019
- 46 % Of Republicans Believe God Wanted Trump To Be President - February 19, 2019
- Tom Brady Is Sleeping With A Witch? Wait, WTF? - February 11, 2019
- Just How ‘Mobbed Up’ Is Trump? (Part 1) - February 10, 2019
- Trump Hates Illegal Immigrants, But Loves To Hire Them - February 8, 2019
- Tinfoil Toupeed Troglodyte: Witches attacked Guantanamo Bay - February 4, 2019