What’s Sauce For The Goose, Is Sauce For The Gander!
For I don’t know how long, (centuries, millenia?) men have been trying to control women’s bodies and their sex lives. (While giving their own a free ride!) The Republican “War on Women” is just the latest example.
For the last five decades, the biggest battle in the aforementioned “war” was fought over abortion. However, lately, it’s expanded to even try to limit women’s access to birth control.
The “war” is even aided and abetted by the language used. For instance, a woman who engages in a lot of sex is often referred to as a “slut.” On the other hand, a man who does the same, is a “stud.” Same activity, totally opposite connotations.
For centuries, (millenia?) women have, for the most part, had to put up with this garbage. But, as Mr Dylan once said, “The times, they are a changin’!” As you may have noticed in the last few years, women have become organized, empowered, and they’re fighting back!
The latest example of this comes from Georgia.
The Georgia House of Representatives passed HB 481, a so-called “heartbeat bill” that would outlaw abortions after 6 weeks. That’s before most women are even aware of being pregnant.
The bill, of course, is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has ruled that states cannot ban abortion before the point of viability — 23 to 25 weeks. So, in the end, this bill will be tossed on the trash heap. However, Georgia state Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick decided to give the male legislators a taste of their own medicine.
Your Testicular “Bill of Rights”
On Monday, Ms Dar’shun Kendrick sent an email to the staffer responsible for writing bills. She then shared her action on twitter:
The legislation will never pass. In fact, I’d be surprised if it even got a reading, but that’s not Ms Kendrick’s purpose.
As she told “Rolling Stone,”
[The purpose is to] bring awareness to the fact that if you’re going to legislate our bodies, then we have every right to propose legislation to regulate yours.
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- AG Orders Jim Bakker to Stop Claiming His ‘Silver Solution’ Kills Coronavirus - March 6, 2020
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019