What’s Sauce For The Goose, Is Sauce For The Gander!
For I don’t know how long, (centuries, millenia?) men have been trying to control women’s bodies and their sex lives. (While giving their own a free ride!) The Republican “War on Women” is just the latest example.
For the last five decades, the biggest battle in the aforementioned “war” was fought over abortion. However, lately, it’s expanded to even try to limit women’s access to birth control.
The “war” is even aided and abetted by the language used. For instance, a woman who engages in a lot of sex is often referred to as a “slut.” On the other hand, a man who does the same, is a “stud.” Same activity, totally opposite connotations.
For centuries, (millenia?) women have, for the most part, had to put up with this garbage. But, as Mr Dylan once said, “The times, they are a changin’!” As you may have noticed in the last few years, women have become organized, empowered, and they’re fighting back!
The latest example of this comes from Georgia.
The Georgia House of Representatives passed HB 481, a so-called “heartbeat bill” that would outlaw abortions after 6 weeks. That’s before most women are even aware of being pregnant.
The bill, of course, is unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has ruled that states cannot ban abortion before the point of viability — 23 to 25 weeks. So, in the end, this bill will be tossed on the trash heap. However, Georgia state Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick decided to give the male legislators a taste of their own medicine.
Your Testicular “Bill of Rights”
On Monday, Ms Dar’shun Kendrick sent an email to the staffer responsible for writing bills. She then shared her action on twitter:
The legislation will never pass. In fact, I’d be surprised if it even got a reading, but that’s not Ms Kendrick’s purpose.
As she told “Rolling Stone,”
[The purpose is to] bring awareness to the fact that if you’re going to legislate our bodies, then we have every right to propose legislation to regulate yours.
- Trump downplays Russia in first comments about cyberattack - December 19, 2020
- Florida Republican Sen. Rick Scott has tested positive for COVID-19 - November 20, 2020
- Trump Allies Look At Buying Right-Wing Cable Network Newsmax To Create ‘Trump TV’ - November 16, 2020
- Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Stop Certification Of Biden’s Election Win In Pennsylvania - November 11, 2020
- 58 Million Ballots Have Been Cast Nationwide, Mostly By Democrats - October 25, 2020
- White House press secretary tests positive for coronavirus - October 5, 2020
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020