After over 2,000,000 people marched in support of sensible gun laws, the NRA (aka: “The Slaughter Lobby”), its lackeys, and other members of the Tinfoil Toupee Troop hit the panic button. In a classic case of “blame the victim,” they have been calling the Stoneman Douglas High School survivors everything from “Marxists” to “Deep State” surrogates.
However, leave it to Alex (Conspiracies-R-Me) Jones to kick it clear onto the Fantasy Fields of Planet Nibiru. According to Alex, it’s all a plot (isn’t everything?) to take guns from the “cold dead hands” of gun lovers!
On his Infowars program, Alex started off commenting on the participants in the parade, with special mention of a number of right-wing boogeymen and boogeywomen. You know, “teachers” “professors” imaginary “deep staters,” and the like.
We are then treated to a half-a-million young people led by their teachers, led by their professors, led by the breakaway government of government employees marching to have the constitutional right that the country was founded on and that actually started the Revolutionary War — marching to declare gun owners the enemy and marching to declare that they would confiscate all of our guns and kill anyone that did not turn them in.
A quick pause to comment on his commentary.
The country wasn’t actually founded on the 2nd Amendment. The Constitution was ratified in 1787. The first ten amendments came along two years later. Oh, and the Revolutionary War started in 1775, so the 2nd probably didn’t start it. (It looks like Alex’s Infowars is losing the war on info.)
Also, while I didn’t catch every speech made, I haven’t read anything about anyone saying anything about gun confiscation, let alone kill anyone. The march was against violence, not for it! But, then again, what do facts have to do with Alex Jones?
Back to Alex
We’ve got the signs, we’ve got the speeches, we’ve got videos from around the country, not just in D.C., with people running for office, for the office of sheriff and other offices saying, ‘Sure, you’re not going to turn your guns in? We’re going to kill you.’ And of course congressmen going and speaking at town halls saying, ‘Time to use the Second Amendment against Trump.’
If he (or any sane person) has the signs, has the recorded speeches, has the videos, I sure as hell haven’t seen nor heard them. Of course I don’t faithfully read Breitbart, WND, Drudge or any of the other “yellow journalistic” sites.
If you have your nausea medicine handy, here it is, straight from the horse’s mouth. (The nether one.)
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019