Another flaming sh*t-show-of-a-week in Trump’s America included the anonymous New York Times editorial penned by a senior White House aide effectively validating Bob Woodward’s forthcoming book, detailing Trump’s fundamental unfitness for office and painting a terrifying picture of his (so called) presidency.
Woodward’s “Fear: Trump in the White House,” is aptly titled. Since before he ascended to the presidency (despite receiving fewer votes), Americans have viewed Trump in the White House as a terrifying prospect. In 2016, a mere weeks before election day, an Associated Press-GfK poll found that over half of Americans were fearful of a Trump presidency, with “only about a third” believing “he is at least somewhat qualified to serve in the White House.”
Nearly two years later, those fears haven’t abated. A recent Washington Post-ABC News poll, showed that half of Americans are anxious that the Dumb Führer might launch an unjustified nuclear attack.
Well, I suppose we can all derive some cold comfort from the fact that our fellow Americans aren’t alone in this sentiment. When it comes to fear, the German people have Trump at the top of their list.
According to Reuters, “concern over the policies of U.S. President Donald Trump has shot to the top of an annual ranking of Germans’ biggest fears, easily outstripping worries about refugees and terrorism, a survey showed…”
The annual survey conducted by the German insurance company R+V insurance found that a whopping 69% of respondents said Trump is “making the world a more dangerous place” with his so-called “America First” policies, including destroying the Iran nuclear deal and pulling out of the Paris climate accord.
According to Manfred Schmidt, a political scientist advising R+V on the survey, “Trump’s attacks on Germany are having a growing impact on sentiment,” referring to the Cheeto Caesar’s incessant verbal assaults on America’s NATO allies and praise of anti-democratic dictators.
Given their unique historical experience on the subject, Germans are taught the dangers of nationalism, fascism and authoritarianism. Unlike the people of the United States.
For the sake of us all, let’s turn our fears into action.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018