The 2016 Presidential election was the Democrats’ race to lose. Though Hillary Clinton received nearly three million more votes than Donald Trump, she managed to lose many states thought of as Democratic strongholds. Research shows that many voters who supported President Obama twice, jumped ship and voted for the Republican fascist currently squatting in the White House.
Many who were energized and engaged by Bernie Sanders blame the Democratic National Committee’s treating Sanders campaign like an opposition party for the fact that we’re now living under a fascist regime. These “Berniecrats” hoped establishment Dems would take Bernie Sanders’ advice by electing Keith Ellison as DNC Chair.
Well, the votes are in and the Democratic National Committee rejected Bernie’s choice for DNC Chair, selecting Tom Perez instead. Perez, whom many see as the establishment’s candidate, immediately made a motion to make Keith Ellison Deputy Chair. Clearly, the establishment DNC recognizes their vulnerability, though not enough to fully take Sanders’ advice and jettison its DLC ways.
Bernie Sanders released a statement, calling for Democratic Party unity. After all, nothing less than the future of America is at stake.
Bernie Tweeted, “I congratulate Tom Perez on his election as chairman of the Democratic National Committee and look forward to working with him.”
Bernie’s next Tweet cautioned, “It’s imperative Tom understands that the same-old, same-old isn’t working and that we must bring in working and young people in a new way.”
Bernie also cautioned the committee that lost to the most unpopular candidate in the history of Presidential candidates, “The Democratic Party must make clear it will stand up to the 1% and lead in the fight for social, racial, economic and environmental justice.”
Despite Bernie’s call for unity, many of his supporters aren’t having it.
Ellison himself called for unity.
What do you think? Is it time for unity or a real third party?
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018