Sinclair Lewis wrote, “When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Although, he didn’t foresee that fascism would also come with the expressed consent of the huddled masses duped into taking up the cause the very segment of society that is keeping them down.
It would be an amusing tale if it weren’t so tragic… and terrifying… for to follow this story to its inevitable conclusion is to rewind social progress to the time before the New Deal – and to eliminate the very social programs that are now making this “tax payers revolt” possible.
This, of course, is the mission of the richest men in America, David Koch. For a sick reason that can only be attributed to sociopathic greed or malignant narcissism, Koch is not interested in investing his billions for the betterment of the world, such as Bill Gates may do, but conversely has made it his life’s work to pull the social ladder up behind him and ensure that the working class and the poor get no more of the crumbs that fall from his table.
Like the AIDS virus masking itself in our body politic, Koch disguises his nefarious intent in the trappings of an “average” grassroots movement and thus rallies “average” people to the cause of destroying themselves.
The New York Times had an article about the Teabaggers – angry about the economic realities of their standard of living and ignorant by design that their downfall can be traced directly to the doorstep of Ronald Reagan and the very policies they, themselves, have been misled to advocate in the name of “freedom.” These low-information voters, like Medicare and Social Security recipient Diane Reimer, are newly minted to political causes. Like birds to shiny objects, they are attracted by the trappings of patriotism that mask the depraved agenda of transnational corporations who, with no allegiance to country or community, are currently turning “the Land of the Free” into “the United States of Serfs and Lords.”
The Tragedy is, if these Teabaggers are mad now – just wait until Koch’s world becomes a full-blown reality.
This, of course, is where the right wing media disinformation machine comes in again. In Koch’s own private apocalypse, with all our social safety nets dissolved, all those who fall will fall through the cracks and these people will be looking for someone to blame. The right wing media would, ideally, have us all fighting amongst ourselves while Koch and his ilk disappear behind the safety of their gated communities.
Koch is so morally bankrupt, rather than attempting to make the world a better place for all, he is investing his filthy money – passed on to him by his father – into confusing dupes already sucking on the government teat that it is their patriotic duty to take up his nefarious cause – and ultimately put another nail in their own coffin.
Read the New York Times article, “With No Jobs, Plenty of Time for Tea Party”, here.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018