When the history of this horrible time in finally written, the stupidity of the perpetrators will top the list. Like a gang of greedy “Mr. Magoos,” stumbling from one corruption to another, grabbing all they can get away with before the gig is up, Republicans are not super-villains, they’re just greed-centered sycophants who will say and do anything to keep their con going.
Today’s example is Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ laughable excuse as to why Chief of Staff John Kelly visibly squirmed while his boss, the worst (so-called) President ever ranted and lied during a breakfast meeting with the head of NATO, that “Germany is totally controlled by Russia.”
“Germany is totally controlled by Russia,” Pres. Trump tells NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg as they sit down together for bilateral breakfast ahead of Brussels summit. https://t.co/CmyplgrxzN pic.twitter.com/6RnFk8Drgs
— ABC News (@ABC) July 11, 2018
According to the White House Secretary, Kelly wasn’t perturbed about Trump’s shocking display of (unearned) arrogance and unabashed ignorance about the world’s most successful alliance, he was upset about the breakfast fare – or lack thereof.
Sanders said, “[Kelly] was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese.”
Yes, in the New Gilded Age of American fascism, we’re all supposed to believe that a man who dedicated his life – and who mourned the life of a son who sacrificed his life for this “Grand Experiment,” – are now as petty and small as the greedy narcissist who rode racism, lies and fewer votes to the highest executive office in the land.
Well, perhaps. Let’s not forget that Kelly still hasn’t apologized for telling a blatant and elaborate lie about Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, even when confronted with a video tape that validated his lie.
Lack of integrity is the one thing all members of Trump’s cabinet and his army of enablers share. So, perhaps it’s not such a far stretch to imagine Kelly is now as overly concerned about his breakfast as his boss is about whether Trumpanzees agree with his attacks on Rosie O’Donnell… or his plethora of petty feuds. This is how far we’ve allowed America to fall.
At least some can still laugh at this nightmare. Watch Jimmy Kimmel break it down:
— Tara Devlin (@REALTaraDevlin) July 12, 2018
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018