Rep. Ron DeSantis. the Trump-sucking congressman who won Tuesday’s Republican primary for Florida governor, made headlines for warning Florida voters not to “monkey this up” by voting for his opponent, Andrew Gillum – the Tallahassee mayor who happens to have darker pigment than him.
The condemnation against DeSantis’ obvious racist dog whistle was so swift, even Fox News felt the need to make a statement declaring they did “not condone this language.”
DeSantis remained unapologetic, feigning ignorance. His spokesperson even told reporters that “monkey this up” is “something the congressman says ‘frequently’ to express something that was messed up or not done right” – although there is no record of DeSantis using the phrase publicly… because… of course there isn’t.
Trump’s long racist history is well-documented. No surprise its not difficult to uncover that his acolytes have racist paper-trails of their own.
First uncovered by a researcher for Media Matters for America, a corruption watchdog website, the American Ledger posted an in-depth piece on DeSantis’ association with a “Tea Party” Facebook group” that promoted racist and offensive slurs against minorities.
In fact, up until Wednesday August 29th, when his association with the group became public, DeSantis was an admin of this race-baiting Facebook group.
The American Ledger reports, “The Facebook group, simply named Tea Party, has nearly 95,000 members, and users must join the group to post or comment. The banner for the group is an image of the Confederate, Christian and Gadsden flags flying alongside the flags of the U.S. and Israel. (It isn’t affiliated with the conservative group Tea Party Patriots.)
Members of the group have attacked Black Lives Matter and other African-Americans as ‘ghetto scum’ and ridiculed the teenage survivors of the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., on Feb. 14. Posters have referred to Douglas students David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez as a ‘Hitler wannabe’ and a ‘bald-headed brat,’ respectively, after they became outspoken activists for gun control in the wake of the shooting, during which a former student allegedly shot and killed 17 people.
One member believed the violent far-right rally of neo-Nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017 was a hoax, writing in a post liked by 1,600 users that the rally was ‘orchestrated by the left’ to ‘destroy America.’”
Members of the group also praised DeSantis, Trump and frequently call for violence if Trump’s crimes finally catch up to him and he is impeached.
Like the greedy, ignorant con man he so sycophantically tries to emulate, DeSantis has traded the Republican racist dog-whistle for a bullhorn. With their racist standard bearer leading the charge, many Republicans feel liberated to take their hoods off. Not just for political expedience, but to express a personal predilection, formerly suppressed by “political correctness.”
As my mother always said, if you want to know someone, look at the company they keep. While all Republicans aren’t racists, we can rest assured that all racists are Republicans – and they’re angry the world is rapidly leaving them behind where they belong – in history’s trash heap. We can’t leave them there fast enough.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018