Right-wing preachers love to claim hurricanes like Florence and other extreme weather are Big Daddy punishing us for our sins. (Mostly of the abortion or LGBT types.) Over the years, good-book thumpers from Pat Robertson and Jim Bakker to the Benham Brothers have made the claim.
I’ve written about a number of these kooks in the past and one thought keeps running through my mind: “If extreme weather, like Florence, is god punishing us for abortions and the like, why do the vast majority of weather disasters hit the Red States?”
Those are the most anti-abortion and anti-LGBT states on the map. Those areas are also the home of most of the Khristian (As opposed to “Christian,” which they ain’t!) “true-believers.”
Along Comes Hurricane Florence
And now, along comes Rick Joyner. He still gives the invisible man in the clouds credit for Hurricane Florence. However, he says Big D is doing it because he loves us and wants to bless us.
Confused? Me too! But then I’ve never been “blessed” with 100+ mph winds tossing my roof 150 yards down the street.
Nevertheless, here’s his spiel on the matter:
This is going to turn into a major blessing. I don’t care what it looks like right after the storm, we have to trust the Lord. He makes all things work together for good.
If this is judgement from God, which, I assure you, it is, it’s because he still loves us. I don’t care what happens in the next few days and a lot of it is going to look terrible on the news and it’s going to be bad for a lot of folks, when you’re going through it, it is bad. It’s going to work out to be a major, major blessing to this area. The Lord showed me a few years ago, ‘Watch where the floods come,’ he said, because the natural first and then the spiritual. There will be a flood of the Holy Spirit in those same places.
Be careful out there and if you’re in the path of Florence, hopefully, you won’t get too “blessed.”
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Trump downplays Russia in first comments about cyberattack - December 19, 2020
- Florida Republican Sen. Rick Scott has tested positive for COVID-19 - November 20, 2020
- Trump Allies Look At Buying Right-Wing Cable Network Newsmax To Create ‘Trump TV’ - November 16, 2020
- Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Stop Certification Of Biden’s Election Win In Pennsylvania - November 11, 2020
- 58 Million Ballots Have Been Cast Nationwide, Mostly By Democrats - October 25, 2020
- White House press secretary tests positive for coronavirus - October 5, 2020
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020