Right-wing preachers love to claim hurricanes like Florence and other extreme weather are Big Daddy punishing us for our sins. (Mostly of the abortion or LGBT types.) Over the years, good-book thumpers from Pat Robertson and Jim Bakker to the Benham Brothers have made the claim.
I’ve written about a number of these kooks in the past and one thought keeps running through my mind: “If extreme weather, like Florence, is god punishing us for abortions and the like, why do the vast majority of weather disasters hit the Red States?”
Those are the most anti-abortion and anti-LGBT states on the map. Those areas are also the home of most of the Khristian (As opposed to “Christian,” which they ain’t!) “true-believers.”
Along Comes Hurricane Florence
And now, along comes Rick Joyner. He still gives the invisible man in the clouds credit for Hurricane Florence. However, he says Big D is doing it because he loves us and wants to bless us.
Confused? Me too! But then I’ve never been “blessed” with 100+ mph winds tossing my roof 150 yards down the street.
Nevertheless, here’s his spiel on the matter:
This is going to turn into a major blessing. I don’t care what it looks like right after the storm, we have to trust the Lord. He makes all things work together for good.
If this is judgement from God, which, I assure you, it is, it’s because he still loves us. I don’t care what happens in the next few days and a lot of it is going to look terrible on the news and it’s going to be bad for a lot of folks, when you’re going through it, it is bad. It’s going to work out to be a major, major blessing to this area. The Lord showed me a few years ago, ‘Watch where the floods come,’ he said, because the natural first and then the spiritual. There will be a flood of the Holy Spirit in those same places.
Be careful out there and if you’re in the path of Florence, hopefully, you won’t get too “blessed.”
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- AG Orders Jim Bakker to Stop Claiming His ‘Silver Solution’ Kills Coronavirus - March 6, 2020
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019