Joe Barton, Republican from failed state and albatross around the neck of normal America, Texas, apologized to the felonious transnational corporation BP for pesky government making them set up an 20 Billion Dollar account to pay for the trillions in damages their greed and hubris continues to cause.
It comes as no surprise that Barton left his job in Arco (which is now part of BP) in 1985 to join the Congress so he could turn our government into an appendage of the oil industry. For his efforts, the oil industry has richly rewarded him. According to Open Secrets, “Individuals or PACs associated with the oil and gas industry as a whole have been Barton’s biggest patron since he entered Congress, donating more than $1,448,380 since the 1990 election cycle.”
After his apology, other Repugs came down hard on Barton for truly expressing Republican sentiment and thus exposing the fact that they work solely for the interests of the rich. You see… although Barton shares a mainstream Republican philosophy, they simply cannot be honest about it lest the “small people” catch on to the fact that the Republican mission is to turn America into a Feudal State where the rich run everything and everyone knows their “place.”
Republicans can’t come out & admit that the reason they get up in the morning is to do the bidding of their wealthy benefactors – even when they commit manslaughter and ecocide in the name of greed – because they can’t win elections on numbers… the more people vote, the more Repugs lose… they know this. So they need to convince Teatards that “freedom” equals (=) transnational corporations riding them to the bank without pesky government in the way…
Here’s Rachel Maddow’s report on the Republican love of oil….
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018