Every time the Teabagging darling Rand Paul opens his mouth, he gives normal people (non-Republicans) the opportunity to see the regressive, backwards, divisive, dead-end vision the Libertarian “philosophy” holds for America.
In the few short days since he won the Kentucky Republican primary, Paul inserted his foot into his mouth on Rachel Maddow’s show concerning his desire to roll back progress on civil rights and, because he, himself is not disabled, also expressed his interest in abolishing of the Americans with Disabilities act.
Paul also didn’t miss the opportunity to take up the Republican raison d’être and jump to the defense of poor misunderstood corporate America by defending BP’s need to cut corners in the name of greed with the flippant retort, “accidents happen.” This all while the BP created oil geyser continues to destroy the ecosystem and economy of the Gulf Coast and beyond.
Paul (an optometrist) also made known his desire to “slash the size of government” – except where it concerns himself.
Just like Republicans who consistently display symptoms of classic malignant narcissism, his libertarianism stops where his pocketbook starts.” Former Bush speech writer David Frum noted in a Wall Street Journal story from last week in which Paul said he doesn’t want to cut Medicare payments to doctors like himself, because “physicians should be allowed to make a comfortable living“: More from Think Progress here.
The American people are getting a window into the world of the libertarian Republican worldview that looks uncomfortably familiar to the archaic world they have been trying to leave behind over 100 years.
That being the case, Paul has now become the 3rd person in Sunday political talk show history to cancel an appearance on “Meet The Press.”
The Republican Party doesn’t want to lose a good “brand” so they are doing what they can to salvage Rand Paul before he sinks himself further.
Like Sarah Palin, George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan before him, Rand Paul is not a leader with a vision for America that benefits the country as a whole, but a snake-oil-salesman hocking a sickening elixir of selfishness and division with the promise to restore everyone to their rightful “place.”
The Republican elite uses their huckster salespeople to grease their middle-class-killing policies up the arse of the middle class – all while promising “relief” from the economic and societal stresses that Republican policies create. This has been the game the economic royalists have been running on the Sheeple since recorded history.
Now, the Republican “brand” is to wave the flag and talk of “freedom” while working in the halls of power to ensure that corporate America can continue to ride the weary backs of working people to the bank unmolested by pesky government regulation.
The Republican establishment knows that if they can just get Paul to shut his mouth they can pour enormous amounts of corporate donations into damage control and get him back “on message” to advance this agenda.
Check out the Huffington Post’s Rand Paul page for more updates.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018