Republicans are in a bind on immigration reform. They don’t want to “appear” like they aren’t racist and xenophobic, because that might offend their racist and xenophobic base… but they also don’t want to “appear” like they’re against immigration reform because they’re desperately trying to dupe Latinos into voting for them… what to do?
Never mind the record-setting deportation of undocumented immigrants under President Obama. It doesn’t matter what the President really DOES – it matters what Republicans SAY he does.
Besides. Republicans really don’t want to do anything about immigration. You see – an undocumented worker is a nice, compliant, exploitable worker – what Republicans call “a good start.”
Funny, though. This “do nothing and blame the President” strategy is the same “idea” they’ve had since January 20th, 2009 when, as Robert Draper revealed in his book, “Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives,” Republicans who were supposedly elected to do “the People’s work” conspired, as any enemies of America would, to block everything the President would try to do to remedy the disaster of “trickle down economics” – and then blame the President for the failures.
The list of conspirators in attendance were Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.), Newt Gingrich and the unelected Republican operative Frank Luntz.
The General Welfare be damned… Obstructing and deflecting blame for entrenching us in failed trickle down conservative policies is in their best political interests.
But, it’s just like members of the so-called “Party of Personal Responsibility” to take absolutely no responsibility for self-serving uselessness.
Now, as Republicans block immigration reform – along with everything – and blame the president… don’t forget – they are the Party of ideas. Ideas that SUCK, yes. But, technically… “ideas.”
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018