The last refuge of failure is myth… and myth is the only thing Republicans have to hold on to if they have any hope of not being relegated to where they belong – permanent minority status.
Since the Sunday our legally-elected President relegated Osama Bin Laden to the bottom of the sea, Republicans have had their propaganda machines running overtime to try and give credit to Bush – the man who not only let Osama Bin Laden go when cornered in Tora Bora, but… in late 2005… actually DISBANDED the CIA group (Alec Station) who’s sole focus was to catch the world’s most notorious Islamist extremist terrorist
As pathetic as it is for Reich Wingers to attempt to give Bush credit for something he doesn’t deserve is, it also speaks volumes to the fact that Republicans have absolutely nothing of their own to boast about, and are FORCED to attempt to co-opt the successes of their rivals.
Half term Governor and professional Twitter updater Sarah Palin, even went so far as openly praising Bush by name for the Bin Laden killing but not mentioning President Obama as all.
Sandy Underpants at The Aristocrats Blog said it best: “Why is Ronald Reagan not getting more credit for the killing of Osama? he did invent helicopters and gun powder and shoes. he put the whole operation in motion. Go figure. the great recession that started in late 2007 was not Bush’s fault but the operation to kill Osama in mid 2011 is to Bush’s credit. that guy is amazing.”
First of all, when Bush was briefed, “Osama Bin Laden determined to strike in the United States,” he proceeded to take the longest vacation in the history of the Presidency… he then went to Florida -to read “My Pet Goat.”
Watch Lawrence O’Donnell explain how giving even the slightest credit to George W. Bush for the killing of Osama Bin Laden is ridiculous:
So, the next time a Republican praises Bush for bringing Osama Bin laden to justice, remind them that not only did 9/11 happen on BUSH’S watch, rather than bring the criminals who perpetrated it to justice, he used it as an excuse to start the war he was longing to have from the time BEFORE the Supreme Court installed him into the Presidency.
It’s not a stretch to believe that Bush Co. had no intention of EVER capturing Osama Bin Laden, who, like Orwell’s ‘Emmanuel Goldstein’, was needed as the lynchpin for the GOP to hang all their greed-centered policies on – making the Republican attempt to align themselves with the success of President Obama even more egregious.
Conversely, President Obama made killing Bin Laden the #1 priority of the CIA as soon as he took office with going into Pakistan to do so a part of candidate Obama’s foreign policy platform in 2007 & 2008. Now President Obama has accomplished the very feat Bush said in 2002 that he was “truly… not concerned” with.
Par for the course, Republicans are criticizing the President for visiting with the 9/11 families at Ground Zero – what they are calling the President’s “victory lap” when they are, in fact, displaying the nerve to take victory laps for policies they had nothing to do with, and in fact, opposed.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018