Normal Americans (non-Republicans) know that the Republican Party is a wholly-owned subsidiary of rich Banksters and corporations that send them to Washington to make sure they can continue riding the backs of the American People to the bank.
In their ongoing war on the middle class, Republicans prove once again that they exist only to ensure the indentured servitude of the People by blocking emergency legislation to stop the abuses of Credit Card companies who are actively inflating interest rates before the full protections of the Credit Card Accountability Act goes into effect.
Although the bill passed by a wide margin (90-50, major parts of the act won’t take effect until February and August of 2010. This “gap” existed because credit card companies begged Congress for some time between the passage of the bill and it’s implementation, explaining that the time was needed to effectively make the changes – but in actuality this request was a ruse and the credit companies disingenuously used the window as a last ditch attempt to grab more money out of the pockets of Americans with exorbitant interest hikes.
In their enduring campaign to turn the “Land of the Free” into “The United States of Serfs and Lords,” as well as gain political advantage by preventing Democrats from enacting policies that help average Americans, Republicans lived up to their “Party of No” moniker and stopped the bill in its tracks.
Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), on Wednesday afternoon, asked for unanimous consent to move the bill forward.
“On behalf of several senators on this side of the aisle, I object,” said Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.). And thus the “Party of No” made sure the credit companies can continue to rape the People – just in time for the holidays.
Watch that here:
Read more about today’s disgusting example of Republican exploitation of average Americans here.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018