Among the many confirmations of government’s corrupt collusion with powerful interests, the News Corp hacking scandal and Murdoch denial reminds us that the Republican Party is not only a nest of scientifically-proven inherent cowards who lack the desire, much less the ability, to govern an evolving society populated with citizens who strive to live a decent life, rather than toil thanklessly for a handful of aristocratic overlords, it is a collection of greed-centered ghouls, ultimately motivated by a desire to save their own ass – all while deflecting blame so their privilege can continue.
“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”
This inherent selfishness is always on display in the aftermath of any of the number of Republican-policy or Republican-crime induced calamities – as they scramble to blame others for the disasters they create – with the aim of, in fact, continue to create (and ultimately) profit from said disasters. We see this now in the debt ceiling “crisis” they created as they use the threat of defaulting on the debt they ran up under Reagan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. as a way to get the people already suffering as a result of Republican policies to give rich people more “mad money” to influence our political agenda, destroy our social insurance programs and turn America into a feudal state.
Any person somewhat politically aware knows that since Reagan did away with “The Fairness Doctrine” and Clinton deregulated the media by signing the Telecommunications act of 1996, the Republican party has employed an army of propagandists to deflect blame away from the perpetrators of the greatest robbery in modern history – the transfer of wealth from the people who work for a living to the satin-lined pockets of wealthy Republican (and FAKE Democratic) benefactors.
As I said in an earlier post, The one ironic tragedy of FDR’s New Deal was that it created economically stable middle classes who, with the aid of incessant Right Wing misinformation campaigns, were convinced their interests and the interests of billionaires were one in the same.
As memory of pre-New Deal life faded with the passing of our grandparents, many “Average Joe” Americans were thoroughly propagandized into voting Republican – and therefore voting for their own demise.
Thankfully, with the downfall of the Murdoch Empire, one crucial link in the Republican Reich Wing deflection chain is currently being cut as a result of his own hubris, immorality and unconscionable ruthlessness.
“Karma” may be a “bitch” to some, but she is also a welcome arrival to the millions on the planet who have been made subject to the greed-centered agenda of Rupert Murdoch, which has corrupted governments, cheered illegal wars from the comfort of ivory towers, helped poison the air we breathe and the water we drink, helped keep the world in the grip of a filthy energy source, fear mongered, race baited, gay-bashed, and lied to people’s faces – making Fox News victims significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources – all to make sure the monetary rewards of such ugliness continued.
The investigations MUST continue in the United States – to finally put an end to the Murdoch empire – a corrosive virus that has sickened and corrupted the body politic of numerous governments for far too long.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018