While speaking in favor of Health Insurance Reform, Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey took the opportunity to remind us that, since the time they sold out to Corporate America, Republicans have ALWAYS been on the wrong side of history.
Once the Party of Lincoln, the Republican Party was started as a progressive party in opposition to slavery. If Abraham Lincoln came back today, he would surely be dismayed to learn that his party lost it’s way in the late 1800’s when it sold out the Railroads and Corporations in general, left working people in the dust and never looked back. The Republican Party became so corrupted that many Republicans with a conscious split off in the early part of the 20th century to form the Progressive Party, colloquially also known as the Bull Moose Party, whose platform read, “to destroy this invisible Government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”
We who are forced to share the same air with today’s Republicans know that the “unholy alliance” with their corporate masters is not only alive and well, but far more malignant.
The Republican Party of today is infested with all sorts of miscreants from the American Tailban fundamentalists, proud anti-intellectual xenophobes, fantastical Ayn Randians, willfully ignorant Teabaggers with no concept of current events or history and the corporate elite who have trickled the American Middle Class down to nothing.
Knowing that many Americans are stupid enough to vote Republican, they are currently in an all-out lie-fest rewriting their abysmal place in history – hoping that their attack on education to dumb-down America will allow them to get away with it.
Let us normal people (non-Republicans) continue to spread the truth and the benefits of living in the reality-based community.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018