Having nothing of actual value to boast about in reality, Republicans consistently resort to revisionist history tactics in an attempt to flush their abysmal record down the memory hole. We’ve heard all the talking points about how Bush “inherited” a recession from Clinton in spite of the TRUTH that the Recession began in March 2001, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER.) — the private, nonpartisan organization whose business cycle announcements have long been considered the definitive word on the topic.
Not only did Republican propagandist Mary Matalin repeat that Republican lie on CNN, but also added the incredibly outrageous claim that Bush also ‘inherited’ the September 11th terror attacks.
Check it out here:
Think Progress reported: “In reality, the terror attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center occurred on Sept. 11, 2001 — eight months into President Bush’s first term. Also, the 2001 recession technically began in March of 2001, well after Bush assumed office. Last month, former Bush administration spokesperson Dana Perino claimed that “we did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush’s term.” Former Bush administration officials seem intent on misrepresenting history to pretend that the country never suffered its worst terror attack in history under Bush’s watch. It’s a peculiar talking point, even considering the other efforts to whitewash Bush’s disastrous record.”
This (of course) is in keeping with the ongoing Republican campaign to keep their “middle class” followers stupid enough to vote Republican, like a chicken voting for Colonial Sanders, thus making them accomplices in the murder of the American Middle Class and responsible for their own demise.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018