The term “plutocracy” is defined “a government or state in which the wealthy class rules.” It also applies to a form of government where a wealthy class controls government from behind the scenes, dominating the political arena, directly or indirectly.
“Our curent economy is accurately described by investment advisors and marketing consultants as a “plutonomy,” a combination of the terms “plutocracy” and “economy.” It refers to an economy in which income growth is confined to those at the top of the wealth pyramid. They use the concept as a guide to framing profitable investment and marketing strategies.
The is the mirror opposite of economic democracy, which is an essential foundation of political democracy, both foundational to the Living Democracy of Earth Community.
Bringing democracy to these United States, begins with a new story that acknowledges we have never had it. In the words of Frances Moore Lappe, “To save the democracy we thought we had, we must take democracy to where it’s never been.”
In other words, in order to truly realize the dreams of our Founders and create a government of, by and for the People, we must ensure economic egalitarianism through policies that promote it. We came close with the New Deal, so vehemently opposed by the “privileged princes” of the ruling class that they actually plotted a fascist coup against Franklin D. Roosevelt.
President Barack Obama was asked at the Facebook town hall about Paul Ryan’s “bold” and courageous” plan to further empower the powerful and responded, “The Republican budget that was put forward I would say is fairly radical. I wouldn’t call it particularly courageous,” explaining that the Republican budget plot would (par for the GOP course) reduce taxes for corporations and the wealthy by, among other ideologically-based initiatives, cutting funds to clean energy programs and transportation.
“I guess you could call that bold. I would call it shortsighted,” and later added, “Nothing is easier than solving a problem on the backs of people who are poor or people who don’t have lobbyists or people who don’t have clout.”
The good news for normal people (non-Republicans) about Paul Ryan’s budget is that we can finally all stop pretending the GOP has the same goal as Democrats to create a strong, economically vibrant, working class, but simply holds different ideas how to get there. If those days ever existed, they ended in the late 1890s when they sold out to the Railroads and never looked back. Since that time, the Republican Party does not get out of bed in the morning unless they can turn the government into a mere appendage to the affairs of banksters and corporations and continue to be so wedded to the same policies that have tanked the economy twice in a century that economists like Nouriel Roubini (as well as anyone with a brain) are forced to speculate that Republicans are actively trying to tank the economy for political gain.
The GOP agenda can be boiled down to 2 words: CHEAP LABOR… and Paul Ryan’s budget plan is about ensuring the Plutocrats finally eliminate the last vestige of middle class “uppityness” – our Social Safety net. As Franklin D. Roosevelt said, “‘Necessitous men are not free men.’ Liberty requires opportunity to make a living – a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.” Paul Ryan is an ideologue who admitted that his budget was not just a budget, but a “cause.” That “cause” is the subjugation of the working class to plutocratic masters.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018