Donald Trump and his diehard supporters continues to press for restrictions on Muslim immigrants in the name of fighting terrorism. Never mind that nearly every actual expert on counterterrorism believes such a sweeping ban is counterproductive and discriminatory.
One of those experts is Abukar Arman, a former Special Envoy to the United States from his native Somalia and a veteran political analyst. When Arman saw one of Trump’s staunchest supporters loudly support Trump’s clampdown on Muslim immigration, he responded with some cold hard facts.
American Family Radio afternoon drive-time host Bryan Fischer has been a chest-beating supporter of the various incarnations of Trump’s Muslim ban. In a 2017 column for “The Stand,” the official blog of the American Family Association, Fischer contended that Muslims should be banned under a law that bars Communists or members of “any other totalitarian party” from setting foot in the United States. He has long argued that all true Muslims want to establish a “worldwide caliphate” based on sharia law, and therefore Islam is “as totalitarian as it gets.”
It was in this vein that Fischer took to Twitter on Sunday morning to warn about what happens when countries don’t slam the door in Muslims’ faces.
That tweet wasn’t just a dog whistle. That was a dog whistle being blown into a megaphone in a way that would do Trump proud. But then again, Fischer has been an expert at dog whistling for a long time–long before Trump even thought about trying to buy the presidency.
Fischer may have been preaching to the AFR choir. But he apparently forgot that when he goes on a 280-character rant, the rest of the world can see it as well. Arman got the message, and felt compelled to respond.
Arman included a link to a Google search which proved that France was indeed the top tourist destination in the world.
Fischer tried to respond, calling for French president Emmanuel Macron to follow Trump’s example and impose a ban on Muslim immigration–for his country’s sake.
Wow. Fischer wasn’t even trying to hide it. He’s essentially saying that when a Muslim attacks someone, it’s a national security problem. And no facts to support it either. So Arman responded with some actual facts.
What was Fischer’s response? More dog whistling.
Really, Bryan? Where’s your evidence? Remember, you’re not just speaking to those inside your bubble anymore. And you’re speaking to an actual expert on such matters.
Arman displayed almost saintlike patience. He simply responded with more facts.
So far, no response from Fischer. Perhaps he knows that if Muslim immigration is the scourge he’s making it out to be, tourism to France would take a major hit.
This exchange is one of many reasons why people like Fischer prefer to stay in their bubbles. When they come out of them and appear on forums where they aren’t being fawned over, they almost always get exposed for the liars and dissemblers that they are. And that’s especially true when they have to engage in actual debate with an actual expert.
- Fundies Wonder Why People Who Know About Religion Don’t Like Them - August 21, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief Smears Chrissy Teigen–Again - August 19, 2019
- False Prophet Warns Against Supporting Dems, Explains It’s ‘Spiritual Treason’ - August 18, 2019
- False Prophet: Bow And Pray To The Orange God, Or You’ll Burn Forever - August 17, 2019
- Activists Who Fight Against Fundies In Military Reveal Some Of Their Hate Mail - August 14, 2019
- QAnon Kook-In-Chief: Q May Have Planned For Epstein To Die In His Cell - August 12, 2019
- Leading Trumpkin Refuses To Accept Reality That Jeffrey Epstein Killed Himself - August 11, 2019
- Chief QAnon Kook’s Silence On Elephant In Epstein Room Is Telling - August 8, 2019
- Young McConnell Supporter Apologizes For AOC Choke Joke - August 6, 2019
- Very Fine Young McConnell Supporters Think It’s OK To Choke AOC - August 5, 2019