As the world waits for the American Mussolini to roll out a new Muslim ban, it seems that day may not come thanks to true patriots sounding the alarm.
A Department of Homeland Security document exclusively leaked to the Rachel Maddow show states that Trump’s excuse for the travel ban is “not credible.”
MSNBC reported, “The document, from the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, makes the case that most foreign-born, U.S.-based violent extremists are likely not radicalized when they come to the U.S., but rather become radicalized after living in the U.S. for a number of years.
The document follows another piece of research (pdf) from Homeland Security that undercut President Trump’s rationale for a travel ban as a means of keeping violent extremists out. On Friday, the Associated Press published an analysis from Homeland Security that said citizenship in any given country – including the seven countries listed in the executive order — is likely an unreliable indicator of whether someone poses a terrorist threat.
The new assessment, obtained by the Rachel Maddow Show and dated March 1, tracks 88 violent, foreign-born extremists in the United States. More than half of them had been in the U.S. more than 10 years before they were indicted or killed.
Homeland Security tonight has confirmed the authenticity of the document.”
Watch the entire segment below:
Of course, if the Trump Administration truly believed the ban essential in order to “keep America safe,” they would implement a more “court friendly” version without delay. Instead, they delayed the release of a new executive so they could bask in the afterglow of the Orange Menace’s speech to a joint session of Congress. It’s clear that this travel ban is aimed at stirring up division, suspicion and hatred of minority groups, as well as keep the United States on a steady diet of endless war.
The moral, human – and American – thing to do would be to cultivate an open society that welcomes people of all persuasion, not play into the hands of ISIS recruiters as well as disgrace every ideal that this country was supposedly created to protect.
While Twitler cries about “fake news” like all autocrats for time immemorial, we’re reminded that the press is vital in the maintenance of a free country and exactly why a wannabe dictator and his anti-democratic cohorts and enablers are waging war on the press.
Leaks like the one obtained by Maddow are tools with which true patriots call us to resist this creeping fascist autocracy. Along with the free press the founders enshrined in the Constitution, they just may end up helping save this grand experiment in representative democracy that Trump and his Republican enablers are trying to hobble.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018