Let’s not forget the best Republican Dirty Trick is that some of them are Democrats. Need to know which ones? Well, finally, there’s a site for that.
Now, a few disclaimers: Truth be told I’m a member of TYT Network. That means the Young Turks and Cenk Uygur have been very helpful to me, so I’ll probably be a bit biased in any project launched by them, but that’s because I agree with their mission, which is what attracted me to wanting to become part of what they do in the first place.
Also, I’m not suggesting every Democrat needs to be equally progressive and there’s no room at all for those slightly more moderate. In our tragically flawed and destined-to-eventually-fail two-party system there’s plenty of wiggle room. I mean, hey, there was once such a thing as a Pro-Union Republican. That’s not really a thing anymore.
Pro-Union Republicans are a lot like dinosaurs. I read about them, would be curious to encounter one and the Religious-Right tries to brush off their existence. These days if you hear somebody on the right-wing talking about being pro-Union they’re more likely referring to some white power band I haven’t heard of as opposed to be being for Workers’ Rights.
So no, not all Democrats need to be far left enough to pass my Democratic-Socialist-Chomsky-loving-Marx-quoting-not-afraid-to-argue-with-any-future-in-laws-there-may-be-contrarian test…But when Democratic resistance stops a bill that would lower prescription drug cost, Houston, we got a problem.
That particular case was not a difference in opinion, or change occurring too fast. That particular case was having too many Corporate Democrats whose pockets have been padded by the pharmaceutical industry and special interests. Cory Booker and those like him sold the snake oil nonsense about customer safety in between trips to the bank to deposit those checks and snorting free samples of the latest version of whatever placebo stops the gitters.
Time to be rid of the schills, and now, there’s a web resource for that. Hopefully next there will be an app, we can call it DINO-Be-Gone.
Justice Democrats Platform includes:
- Campaign and Replace Every Corporate Democrat in 2018
- Pass a Constitutional Amendment for Vast Election Reform
- Re-regulate Wall Street
- Universal Health Care
- Tons of Other Goodies
Watch Cenk Uygur talk about the Democratic Party takeover and the Justice Democrats, here:
- It Gets Worse: Babbling Sycophant, Alex Jones, Is Now Part of the “Powers That Be” - February 17, 2017
- It’s Not Time to Celebrate Daylin Leach…Yet - February 10, 2017
- Think the Open Internet Is Safe Under Trump? Guess Again - February 6, 2017
- How The Media Can Battle Alternative Facts According To Keith Olbermann - January 26, 2017
- Trump Approves Two Unpopular Pipelines With No Explanation - January 24, 2017
- Progressives Are FINALLY Positioning To Take Back The Democratic Party From The DINOs - January 24, 2017
- We Must Make Sure The Next Massive March Is In November 2018 And Ends In A Voting Booth - January 23, 2017
- This Farewell Letter To President Obama Echoes What’s In The Hearts Of Many - January 19, 2017
- PODCAST: Indie Bohemians: Homophobia in Trump’s America, An Insider Paul McCartney Quote and More! - January 19, 2017
- What Democrats Can Learn From the NFL Playoffs - January 17, 2017