We all have stress, but the 2016 election has really added a whole new layer of crazy that’s got people pretty tuckered out. Many of us are suffering from Post Traumatic Trump Disorder and since we cannot put our heads in the sand and ignore reality for the next four years, we need to figure out how to calm down and deal.
Here are a few suggestions to get rid of that stingy stress:
- Get enough sleep: It’s pretty hard to sleep when you have visions of little orange trolls (with especially tiny hands) taking you to Sarah Palin’s house, a stone’s throw away from Russia. To avoid post traumatic Trumpmares, try taking a hot sudsy bath with some scented candles before you hit the sack. Maybe snuggle into bed with a copy of the 10th Anniversary Edition of “It Takes A Village” by Hillary R. Clinton.
- Eat Healthy: When we stress out, we tend to hit those comfort foods hard. But eating sugary, high fat, sodium laden foods can really do a number on your tummy. I know … I know … you just spent the better part of the day vomiting into nearby trash cans at the mere mention of Lord Cheeto’s name, but try to avoid the fries and replace it with nutrient rich quinoa salad with cranberries and almonds! It’s good, we promise.
- Exercise: Studies have shown working out is one of the best ways to rid yourself of stress. And no, throwing your cell phone across the room after rage reading a Trump Twitter-storm does not count! Neither does frantically pacing back and forth pulling out hair! Try doing a little low impact yoga or maybe get a punching bag and tape Trump’s face to it. Whatever works! Also, working out with a buddy helps you stay motivated, just make sure they aren’t a showoff. Nobody wants to work out with an overachiever.
- Music and Sound Therapy: My final suggestion is all about being at one with the Universe via music. Even chanting or ringing a prayer bell can help relieve stress. I love jamming to my tunes, but since the election of Trump – I find screaming works too. Try letting loose into a clean fluffy pillow, or in the case of this bird, scream into a cup! (hint: an empty wine glass will do if you are plum out of stacking cups.)
It’s important that we are all rested up and healthy because we have a lot of work to do in two and a half years to get this terrible man out of office. Good luck!
- Are Your Children being “Spiritually Raped” in Public School? (Video) - February 13, 2017
- Does the Media Really Ignore Terrorist Attacks? - February 9, 2017
- Inauguration Day Resistance – Make A Plan! - January 11, 2017
- GOP Logic – Let’s Ban Banning Of Plastic Bags!!! Screw Pollution! - January 4, 2017
- Racist Granny Goes OFF At JCPenny – Tells Hispanic Women “Speak English” - December 22, 2016
- It’s Time for the Liberal Storm to Gather and Strike Back - December 20, 2016
- Ivanka Trump Auctions Off Coffee Date For Exorbitant Amount Of Money - December 15, 2016
- Post Traumatic Trump Disorder? Here’s Some Things You Can Do To Combat It - December 13, 2016