The Gospel of Mammon
Talk about delusions of grandeur! According to “Prosperity Gospel” troglodyte, Paula White, she creates “holy ground” simply by standing on it.
She’s made the White House holy ground, solely by virtue of her presence. She also hallows ground when she goes to the dry cleaner and she can turn a river into “holy water,” simply by walking on it.
I’ll give her credit for one thing: She’s an even bigger narcissist than the rump in the Oval Office, and I didn’t think that was possible.
As to the “Prosperity Gospel” that she preaches? That’s an American aberration that had it’s beginning in the 19th century.
A lot of Americans felt they needed a Christianity to match their dreams (real & day). They wanted a religion that appealed to their enterprising spirit and their enthusiastic patriotism. A few good words about the righteousness of being rich (aka “The Gospel of Wealth“), wouldn’t hurt either.
Forget about Matthew 19:24: “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
That doesn’t apply to Americans. Americans are God’s new chosen people. Just ask them, they’ll tell you.
(Btw, contrary to popular mythology, there never was a gate in Jerusalem called “The Eye of the Needle“. However, if there’s any money in it, there might be one now.)
Prosperity Gospel Preaching Creates Prosperity (For The Preacher)
Flash forward to the 21st century, prosperity gospel seems to work, IF you’re a “prosperity” preacher. For instance, Paula’s net worth is over $6.5 million.
However, enough never seems to be enough when it comes to prosperity. Back in January, Paula asked her followers to send her their January paychecks. As she put it,
Each January, I put God first and honor him with the first of our substance by sowing a first fruits offering of one month’s pay. That is a big sacrifice, but it is a seed for the harvest I am believing for in the coming year. And God always provides!
When you honor this principle, it provides the foundation and structure for God’s blessings and promises in your life. It unlocks deep dimensions of spiritual truths that literally transform your life. When you apply this, everything comes in divine alignment for his plan and promises for you. When you don’t honor it, whether through ignorance or direct disobedience, there are consequences.
(YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!)
Back to the “Holy Ground.”
Paula, while “guest preaching” at Tampa’s “The River Church,” claimed that since she’s a WHITE House visitor, the the W.H. is holy, because where she goes, Big Daddy goes!
When I walk on White House grounds, God walks on White House grounds. When I walked in The River, God walked in The River. When I go in to the dry cleaners, that dry cleaning place becomes holy. I have every right and authority to declare the White House as holy ground because I was standing there and where I stand is holy.
No wonder the Oval Office rump likes her. Scam artists got to stick together. Plus, they worship the same deities: Mammon and themselves!
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019
- Free Speech ‘Trumpstravaganza’ Expects 1000 Troglodytes, Needs One Porta Potty - July 3, 2019
- Creationist Troglodyte: Libraries Are Dangerous For Kids - June 29, 2019
- The Weird Week Of The ‘Religious Wrong’ - June 23, 2019
- Alex Jones’ Pedophile Porn/Sandy Hook Scandal - June 18, 2019
- The Pelosi Project: Jail The Witches (Which Witch Is Which?) - June 13, 2019
- E.W. Jackson: Saying ‘Thoughts And Prayers Won’t Stop Gun Violence’ Is Blasphemous - June 7, 2019
- GOPers Plan ‘Christian State’ To Be Based On Biblical Law - June 2, 2019